Author Topic: Alice in wonderland: Erm... What happened here?  (Read 3156 times)

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
Alice in wonderland: Erm... What happened here?
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:12:43 pm »
(1974 Re-issue) Alice In Wonderland Trailer
You hopefully remembered the Disney version of Alice in wonderland. It was based off the book. Oh how happy and kind. what an interesting world it was. Then...

Alice in Wonderland: Official Trailer #2
I'm not sure but I think this is a sequal. Alice has grown up some to I think... 13? I wouldn't say teen because then I wouldn't know what to put for the next one. That's right. The games! Since the games has gore and dark disturbing scenes in it I'm using cover pictures. See? I behave! >:|

Ok as you can already tell alice has grew up. But guess what. So has wonderland. As you can tell the cute little kids movie slowly amped up the ramp. If you guys are thinking the same thing I am then yeah. This is where we can saw what the heck? Ok so Alice is now a teenager if not fully grown. The games are dark and contain insanity and gore. Also if I get one gory picture/video of alice then I'm going to flip. Let us please behave and not have this thread locked or deleted.

The liar and the thief

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Alice in wonderland: Erm... What happened here?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:33:49 am »
It's not a sequel.

It's just someone putting the story of Alice in Wonderland in a different style.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 02:38:08 am »
Yeah, calling them sequels and stuff is unkind. The games are awesome by the way, and is simply someone elses interpretation of Alice in Wonderland.

Just wondering... Have you read the book? Can you really compare the disney movie to a book, considering they change everything around for a happy ending. Did you know in the original version of the little mermaid, Ariel was supposed to die, not marry her prince and live happily ever after. Many Disney movies based on other things actually make things 'lighter' than they should be.

In fact, in the hunchback of notre dame the gypsy girl is supposed to die, and quasimoto (No clue how to spell it XD) climbs into her coffin and stays there, buried, until he dies.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:39:54 am by Kyugima. »

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 05:44:27 am »
It seems everytime a new alice in wonderland movie or game is made, it just gets better. XD
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 05:52:38 am »
The Disney version of Alice was a LOT nicer than the book. Disney didn't invent Alice, they modified the book to appeal to children. The games are also based more on the horror aspects of the book. They are also very good games, give them a shot before you knock them. :)   They aren't like the Disney version but they are very fun and compelling.

Maryritai

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 07:06:38 am »
I love Alice in Wonderland, Madness Returns. It shows the darker side, like the real side of what they made it lighter.
And It's actually true, They made it children appealing. You know, I have actually read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. And Did You know, That's exactly how the Alice, In madness Returns, was? Because he (Lewis Carol) based Alice on that girl.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 09:13:13 am »
Wow get over it, OP. All developers have different interpretations and they're all aimed for different people. Don't like? Don't watch or play it.

American McGee's version of Alice is f***ing awesome.

Maryritai

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »
OP? Who is OP?

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 10:14:47 pm »
OP means "Original poster". So Teal means the person who posted the thread originally, I.E. Okami.

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 11:56:21 pm »
I feel the love. T^T
And I like the games better. I'm going to get the books now that I see what it was originally based from. Anyway I was just putting this up because I was wondering if anyone shared my thoughts. Now that I see there is a book I must read it.

The liar and the thief