Author Topic: Failed to connect to server  (Read 879 times)

Offline StarHound

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Failed to connect to server
« on: November 15, 2018, 09:17:40 pm »
After nearly 5 years I decided to download FH and see how things are going, but I cant login. I have the "Play game" page up on my phone and computer and its to no help. I don't think I would have a firewall? It never happened when I played this game on the same computer, though I don't know how to see if it is a firewall or the server is just down. Help would be appreciated, ive read other threads on the matter but nothing is helping.

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to connect to server
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:58:18 pm »
Hiya!

I'm pretty sure it's a firewall thing but it would always help out if you double check and whatnot. Check your firewall log and see if FeralHeart.exe is one of the options that it's blocking.

Took this from Redlinelies "The Big Help Thread"
Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes Windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips, adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking Feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings, "nope!" Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

If that doesn't work, your game account was probably automatically deleted if you haven't logged into it for over 18 months.

Offline Grimm.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Vessel
    • Vesrimm
    • vesrimm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 07:48:56 am »
Also another thing, make sure you click "Play game" on the mane webpage BEFORE opening the game or attempting to log in, otherwise you IP sync gets a little whacked and the game can't detect who's logging in.

Calvary

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:40:05 pm »
Hello Starhound!

As everyone seemed to help you and attempt to fix the issue, please let us know if the issue was fixed! If it was, let me know if I can lock this thread so it can be closed. <3 Thanks!