Author Topic: Fursuits/Fur-cons  (Read 8722 times)

Offline Sunpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hi. I'm not a Warrior Cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fursuits/Fur-cons
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 01:03:32 am »
I was waiting for someone to make a thread like this, and I'm glad I came across it! I'm a furry, and I love fursuits, even though I've never worn one. I too would love to be able to make one, but sadly I don't have the experience, materials, or time yet.

But I would definitely try to make my own. It seems like a ton of fun, and it would be nice to create something amazing that obviously took a lot of effort. I know a few basic things about fursuits already, but I don't know where I would get my supplies. Plus I have no room to make it.

I would so wear one to a con. Though I probably would wait until I got good enough at making suits before I tried to wear one I made myself to one. (I've seen some pretty scary suits. I saw someone made a fursuit out of old towels and a cereal box...) but one suit I would love to have is something by Clockwork Creatures, Don'tHugCacti, or MixedCandy. <3

I would love to see your fursuit once you've finished it. c:
-Insert clever signature that most likely includes an overused quote that everyone has heard on YouTube-

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »
^
Yesh it's a more simple one too.

Offline Charlie-101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »
Ok it has been some time since I approached the idea of creating a fursuit... And I still am mwa ha ha xD

The problem that I have been having is that I have just been so swamped with coursework and what not that I haven't had the time to focus on it :( -le sad-

But I was approached by my college head the other day and she asked if I was still planning on making my suit as she wants me to raise money for comical relief next year in March :D

So I have been working on some designs and well here they are:

Ok here is the design I like the best I haven't thought of a name for her but I think she looks super cute (P.S. I can't draw to save my life so I used a base and altered it a lil bit ^^) So she's mainly a three-toned doggie ^^ no idea what breeds yet I shall keep you updated but i'd like your thoughts ^^

Hmm I'm not convinced with this Idea, this was my first attempt at designing a suit that I would like and well it's meant to be a border collie with brown eyes and dark circles markings around her eyes, she's white and tan and well yeah... I don't like this design as much as the other one.

Right so there you have it my designs in progress, so the ball has finally started rolling ^^ and I shall keep you guys all updated and add more photos as I being my suit making *.* -so excited- :OOO

But yes I would really love your feedback on my ideas so far (I know there's only two but I think I have my heart set on number one) ^^

'If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together!' ~Thorin Oakenshield

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »
I like both those designs, but if your going to get it made from someone, try to keep something simple if you can't pay so much, but if you are making your own you can go crazy, but materials might cost a lot...
I'm making a new suit possibly soon, I've already made the tail.

The design is a blue and white fox like creature, at the moment I have no references or images of my progress, I still need the head base, feet and hands and the head base is the most difficult thing to make ever >.<

Possibly soon I'll have a picture of the tail uploaded by today or some other time.

Offline Charlie-101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 04:35:59 pm »
Oh Mai lord I'd love to see your progress so far ^^

you never know I may be asking you for some tips if that's ok hee hee x

Yeah I'm making my own suit and I am prepared to pay a decent amount of money because I know in the end it'll be worth it and it will get used a fair bit so I can see where you're coming from ^^ I'm just so excited to get started :p been watching loads of videos online and reading through loads of tutorials and blogs so I have a fairly decent idea of how to approach this for the first time :3

But it's a learning process I suppose :D
'If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together!' ~Thorin Oakenshield

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »
Lolz, I'd be glad to help anytime, but I would recommend these guys to make a suit http://madefuryou.com/

But of course you could always check http://www.fursuit.co.uk/
They have tons of websites for people that do customs, those that sell pre-made ones and other things.

Also it does take some time to get used to fursuit making and know how to choose the right materials and things like that.

But for some reason I'm the worst person to count on for making feet paws, I'm horrible at it so I'm getting some made for me, I might as well get the head made too but it's never easy to find cheap makers, I found a few and they make amazing suits.

Well I pretty much wrote a story there so I wish you luck!

Offline MidnightWolf78

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 04:48:29 am »
I have a fursuit and I think that it is a lot of work to make but it is totally worth it!! I love going to furcons and especially making people smile :) It takes a lot of effort and patience though, but it's worth it. All those furry haters out there are making up stuff to make us sound bad, but we aren't.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10134309/ <----that's me :)
Hey! I am Midnight Wolf!
I am a furry!