Author Topic: Map crashes from Cape, other FeralHeart shortcut is crashing on startup.  (Read 755 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
I finished a map, not very detailed as I didn't want to lag anybody too much, 136 MB map, it works perfectly fine in Map Maker. When I attempt to enter it from Cape, it crashes before it gets to finish loading.
I forgot to put in the ground texture file the first attempt, so I put in the ground texture file before my second attempt, second attempt crashed too. My friend is also crashing in the map.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:53:09 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Aico

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Le bleh bleh bleh
    • View Profile
Re: Map crashes when entered from Cape, works fine in Map Maker.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:26:59 pm »
Hey! Make sure everything exported right and you have all the right object files for the meshes you used in the map. I remember I used to have this problem. It can sometimes be due to a misplaced file or missing object/mesh file.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 03:48:51 pm »
Hello! There are a few things you can try.

- This might be caused by missing files or bugged ones. I would take a shot at doing a re-export/re-installation of the map files for sure just to be sure everything works as normal in that aspect. That could fix the problem.

- Check your particles folder at C: > FeralHeart > media > particles for duplicate particle files. Sometimes with the installation or export of a map, duplicate particle files are added into the folder, causing crashing problems with the game. Duplicate particle files will either end in _0 or _1 and have an identical name to another particle in the folder.

If neither of the suggestions work, you could try changing your rendering system from Direct3D9 to OpenGL or vice versa. You can find how to do so through the ogre file and in game here.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:02:42 pm by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 12:04:29 am »
I've searched for duplicate particles but there are none in both installs. I was going to load up the Map Maker to re-export the map, but the install that I use the Map Maker in is crashing on startup, there still are no duplicate particles. The second install doesn't crash on startup. Switching the rendering system to OpenGL didn't stop the crashing.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: Map crashes from Cape, other install is crashing on startup.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 12:51:03 am »
Try rexporting the map under a different name and changing the terrain and mask file to a .PNG if it isn't already. Sometimes my map maker tends to not export something and have it work the first time, usually a different name and re-export helps my case.

Simply save the map name under something slightly different so you know them apart.
artwork by dehvina

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: Map crashes from Cape, other FeralHeart shortcut is crashing on startup.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 05:11:12 am »
FeralHeart shortcut one(The one I always open Map Maker on) is crashing on startup, but there are no duplicate particles or badfile.reminder files. I can't use the other shortcut to load the map into Map Maker either though.
I haven't installed the map's object textures and meshes onto the other FeralHeart folder because I use FH shortcut two to hold and fine-tune my objects textures in Object Maker.

My presets.