Author Topic: Popular Game Addons for mass use in game  (Read 2501 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Popular Game Addons for mass use in game
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:12:49 pm »
Sorry I didn't know of a better title to come up with for this. I've been seeing alot of people complaining (Me included) that they want new items, manes, etc in game but for most of us the only way to do that when Kovu is not adding new content unto the game himself is to download addons from other users creations on the forum. Problem with this is that not all of us are allowed to download these things, understand how, and for those of us who can download these addons if other people do not have the same download they will not be able to see what items or custom things we are wearing. Some users here are very talented with their creations and some of their downloads are very popular so why not hold like a contest for most popular items created by others to be added into the official game. This would save Kovu alot of work since most of the users have already created items we are begging for.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Popular Game Addons for mass use in game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »
The idea itself isn't bad, but as people have said in many threads. Most of that stuff is copyrighted, and Kov will not add those.

I mean.. I personally would really want these things to happen in the future, but Kov doesn't seem to want any help.
Many users have offered help, though he hasn't accepted it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:07:20 pm by Ramine »

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:26:52 pm »
We will have to make do with downloading item packs and addons and mods for now and..probably forever. It is possible but unlikely. I do agree with Ramine though, when i say these would be pretty awesome and i would want them in the future.

You are amazing <3

Offline Bunnehz8D

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:58 pm »
The idea itself is bad, but as people have said in many threads. Most of that stuff is copyrighted, and Kov will not add those.

I mean.. I personally would really want these things to happen in the future, but Kov doesn't seem to want any help.

I think Kov is being a little stubborn. lol

Offline iAisu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:09:18 pm »
The idea itself is bad, but as people have said in many threads. Most of that stuff is copyrighted, and Kov will not add those.

True, but we just never know what is going on in his mind or personal life and we have to respect that. Personal matters come first before anything else. But hey this is just a shot in the dark. Hopefully news will come from Kovu soon. 

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 07:33:28 pm »

To be fair, Kovu did give in on the addition of wings and items. He is a human, not a robot. A very kind one, at that.

But yes, I do agree that encouraging individual creativity will help the community and diversity of characters as a whole. I also feel the mane options are lacking, as well as the number of public maps. If we could simply be permitted to run the same contests we already hold from time to time, just with the prize of having the goods be made official, then that would save Kovu the work of creating it, just adding it would be on his shoulders. Or perhaps he could even hand it off to a trustee.

Offline Nowe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Turn forever Hand in Hand~
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Elements
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 08:44:03 pm »
Most of those models were ripped directly from their games which is already a huge (c) Infrigment let alone making those official.