Author Topic: I did NOT "steal"your markings!  (Read 7140 times)

Offline dawnrunner1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Call me...Bunni! :D
    • View Profile
I did NOT "steal"your markings!
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:10:50 am »
 Has anyone else had a problem when a random person you don't know come up to you and start accusing you for "stealing"their markings? It happened to me once at bonfire.

I was just sitting around when a wolf identical to me came up and started yelling at me for using the same colors and markings she did.I kept on telling her that she is not the boss of telling me what marks and colors i can use and that there are huge groups of wolves that come as the same color and with the same markings.It got really crazy later to the point she was swearing and telling me to switch characters. In the  end i blocked her and people at the mate center kept on telling me that they would pee on me. ;D It was weird. What was your odd experience?
work is not mine :3

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: I did NOT "steal"your markings!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:48:14 am »
Hm. For those who were swearing at you, you should have gotten screenshots of that and reported it to a staffer, chu know.

But, anyway, I'm sorry they put you through that. :L
I never did see the point in getting on people about their characters. The fact is, in FH, there's a limited number of markings for everyone to use, so every now and then, there's going to be some overlapping of character design. They may not be exact, but usually it's unintentional.
In the case that it is an intentional copy of someone's character, it's no use getting flustered over it. If anything, they should have taken it as a compliment on their creation, or vice versa, if someone copies you.

Thankfully, I've never experienced anything this severe regarding character design.
I am sorry to hear that all of those guys were getting on you about your character, though. But I suppose the best thing to do is to just walk away from them. Let the drama llamas do their thing. You just worry about what you do, as an individual. So long as you're doing what's right, that's what matters. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:35:31 am »
I've never been pointed at by someone's greasy finger saying, "MY MARKINGS! You stole theeeeemmm!" But I have seen people dash by me and soon when I'm F3ing, they look exactly like me. ._. It's annoying, but really I can't do anything or say, "You stole/copied my character." since the markings are (c) to Feralheart, meaning I didn't make them. I shrug it off, that's all. Someone might approach you saying you 'stole' their markings, but remember, you're one of a kind. <3

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 02:45:49 am »
People should not accuse you of stealing. These are default markings, and there is no doubt that there are common colors and marking choices. I have been yelled at before. I made a lion on my first day playing this game, and I was yelled at by a wolf saying I "stole their friends character". They then proceeded to cuss me out.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:01:27 am »
-Facepalm- That is truly pathetic. It seems people are just looking for any excuse to start some drama on this game. -__-

They do NOT have the right to tell you that you should change your character all because you have the same markings/colors as they do. For one thing, these Feral Heart default markings do NOT belong to them... they were made for EVERYONE to use. They had no right to yell at you and cuss you out because of your similar markings and colors. I have seen a few people make characters that were similar to some of mine, but I didn't say anything to them at all. Kudos to you for blocking them.  ;) People like that deserve to be blocked.... and reported.
Inactive

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
this is truly ridicules.........never in my life have I EVER heard of something so ridicules as someone accusing you of 'stealing' their markings. they are default markings and there are a lot of popular looks. its like saying that someone stole your skin colour irl. it just stupid really.

sometimes I really do wonder what goes through peoples heads when they do this -.-

Offline bAnGaRaNg!-!-

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 02:07:55 am »
I cannot stress enough how much I felt like you. I was sitting in South Pole one day, and then BOOM. Some she-wolf with white everytihng except for mane and markings came up and said, "u stole mai markngs im reporting u." It was hilarious since she was reporting me for using the default markings that she had too. Funny floofs. <3

That's what you get for trying to talk to a friend... you get kicked in the back of the head by some blind, lisping computer geek.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:10:41 am »
Nothing is as bad as what I just went through yesterday...
I was sitting alone in the Cape when suddenly this all black wolf runs by and stops beside me. They stared at me for a while and then poofed offline. A few minutes later they came back with a character that looked exactly like mine with the same markings and name and shouted at me that I stole their character....

I mean really?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:22:42 am »
Once I was on a character and I got this unborn pup and he went and got my same markings and color so we sat by each other and just rped and stuff and then a lion came by:
-punches pup no miss and thrws off cliff-
Me: Why did you do that?
Lion: Becuse he stole your markings (yes, he had bad spelling)
Me: He's my pup, he's supposed to.
Lion: -disconnects and comes back with the same markings-
Me: Really?
Lion: You stole my markings! -punches and throws off cliff-
Me: *looks around* Do you guys see this?

Offline Mita

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm just who I try to be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 02:42:04 am »
Really? Just... really? So much immaturity.  
I really don't see what's the point.
Besides, this game has a age limit.
Imagine why.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:51:52 am by Liss~ »

Really mature, dude.