Author Topic: MOD Sightings And Over Reactions  (Read 6035 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
MOD Sightings And Over Reactions
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »
I find it funny that people start babbling like idiots whenever a MOD comes into the map.  Some people do even more than that and follow them around which must be very annoying but can be laughed about later.

I saw one person that I think was trying to get Red to be his mate or something even though he was a tiny green wolf who's name was Creeper, which matched him perfectly.  It went something like this,
<Wolfstar[me]> Oh look I have found the rare Red!
Red walks passed people and they start babbling about him and stuff.  This little green wolf walks right behind him.
<Creeper> I am your biggest fan and I'll follow you until you love me!
<Red> That didn't sound sexual at all.
I almost fell out of my chair laughing.  Red lays down by the river at SB and puts on some kind of sleeping emote.  Creeper starts doing a dance beside him.  I leave FeralHeart because I had to do something and when I came back on well...
<Wolfstar> You are still here!
<Creeper> Yup!
<Wolfstar> It has been a whole half a hour!  Why can't just leave Red alone?
Then Creeper starts singing that song again and I leave.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:15:57 pm by Rustys »
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline dawnrunner1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Call me...Bunni! :D
    • View Profile
Re: MOD Sightings And Over Reactions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:10:20 pm »
Haha yes,i do find this rather funny and amusing to watch people go crazy when they see a mod. ;D But now that i think about it, most of those people where new and i think the first time i saw a mod i was pretty excited not knowing that mods almost always go online but it is still funny.Mods normally go to FP a lot just like most people but i remember once I went to the south pole and i saw Red surrounded by new people bombing him with questions and they thought they where so cool.Then i remember one person went all over the place like to bonfire,the cape,and ficho yelling,"EVERYBODY RED IS IN THE SOUTH POLE COME QUICK!" It was hilarious and nobody listened to him and carried on with their rps.  ;D
work is not mine :3

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:38 pm »
"I grovel at your feet, sir!"
No.
No.
No.
What? No.
I never liked those kinds of people, I always disliked them and I feel if people don't 'worship' ones with commands to boot them off of Feralheart, then the Moderators/Admins will ban them for not groveling at their feet. I have a lot of respect towards the moderators and admins, but I just don't want to be friends with them.
"The mighty red text! It comes to haunt you!" That's what people scream and yell out when the red text appears in the chat if General is speaking about religion, beliefs, etc. I don't go overboard with seeing the mods/admins, as I don't /need/ to because I know they're just regular people with a job, handling Feralheart.
Why? Why do people do this? "Oh Red!!" "WOLFFFFFOOOOX!!" "DELAYDELAY" Seriously? I don't get why it is necessary for some to show so much honor to these people. Yes, they help manage Feralheart, but we're all the same. We're no different than each other. Same body systems. Same species. (Human) Same organs. Same flesh.
I've started to believe people only do this to show their appreciation to these people, because they run FH. I appreciate the moderators and admins as well, but not like some. Some just do it because they want to try and befriend them. Obviously, caps doesn't win the love of friends.
The reactions can be funny, they're funny until someone is kicked for continuing the discussion on boasting how Mods and Admins are cool and they rule and are like the kings and queens. Pfft. Yeah, right. Some users act like they're dictators, if you don't respect them, they ban you, or in a dictator-ruled scene, get your arm chopped off.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:22 am »
Some people overact because they never saw a mod before like what Dawnrunner said.  Are you saying that the same people would keep doing this even if they see mods a lot Piestar?
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:55:06 am »
Yes, Rustys. Apparently, I don't think you've seen a user still over-react when they see a mod. But, this is what I assume.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 01:58:13 am »
I have not seen too many people over react but I thought it was really funny, and weird, when I saw Creeper stalk Red.  Not that I like it that it did it or anything.
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 04:20:44 am »
Yea they may over react but it's not necessarily a bad thing, nor is it against the rules. Though, I do understand where you're coming from, it gets very annoying when mods try to just play the game like normal people and are crowded by what I call the"FH paparazzi". I even get quite annoyed when this happens to me as well, but, mods are chosen because they are able to handle them, and take care of them to a certain extent. If it comes to the point that someone is sitting on, dancing on and seriously harassing the mods and were told to stop, then I feel as if it is not appropriate at all. I'm glad you brought this up, and I could go on forever about it! But for now all I have to say is It doesn't bug me much if it isn't severe. If the person you explained above was actually bugging Red then they would've been gone within minutes.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:07 am »
As stated before, new members or people whom did not know that moderators and administrators appears often in the game most likely do not understand that flailing around and being all "OH LOOK A MOD oDo" often times gives them a bad impression, and, of course- annoys the moderators.

I honestly don't see the big deal about it though. I mean- we're all people, right?! What might be so utterly fascinating about a person whom is just about the same as that, but a little different because of the title 'moderator' or 'administrator'. Of course, it isn't against the rules as Raw stated- but, it still remains overall quite annoying. Sort of like your powerplaying and all, but alas; it's not against the rules, so it's something we gotta deal with.

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:06:59 pm »
Your story is funny. I just don't realize why do people want to be so annoying. Poor Red. XD Being a MOD isn't easy, lots of patience and experience is needed. Now, I heard about MODs entering game but I never saw one. -.-' How? I don't know. Now, I'l sit and hope MODs will survive when they enter a game. ^.^'
~LittleWolf~
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:36:42 pm »
Haha yes,i do find this rather funny and amusing to watch people go crazy when they see a mod. ;D But now that i think about it, most of those people where new and i think the first time i saw a mod i was pretty excited not knowing that mods almost always go online but it is still funny.Mods normally go to FP a lot just like most people but i remember once I went to the south pole and i saw Red surrounded by new people bombing him with questions and they thought they where so cool.Then i remember one person went all over the place like to bonfire,the cape,and ficho yelling,"EVERYBODY RED IS IN THE SOUTH POLE COME QUICK!" It was hilarious and nobody listened to him and carried on with their rps.  ;D

LOL. That reminds me of when I used to play Club Penguin. To get people out of crowded rooms le' penquins would claim, "Rockhopper is in the cove!!1!!1!" And then the room would get REALLY empty. Eventually some people became smart and didn't listen, but others stayed gullible. :3