Author Topic: What does your Fursona/main character mean to you?  (Read 14810 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
What does your Fursona/main character mean to you?
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »
Every individual character that users create is a small part of themself and so I'm interested in hearing all your feedback about your own character(s). Recently I couldn't help but notice that "Fursona" characters or at least certain main characters seem to be becoming more common with users here around the forum and in game, sadly a few of you haven't even written bios for these wonderful characters so my questions are:

What do your Fursonas mean to you?

Is there a special story behind why you picked a particular species or why you made your character look or act a certain way?

What or who do your characters represent? Does your character reflect you in any way? Or things you wish you had or could do?

Does your character have special abilities or secrets?

Keep in mind this is just for fun so we can all familiarize our selves with each others characters and maybe even get other users into creating their own furry, scaley, or feathery animal identity.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:15:06 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Lopunny

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Oof
    • loopylopunny
    • maypheus
    • himelopunny
    • maypheus
    • View Profile
    • WARRIOR'S ROLEPLAY
Re: What does your Fursona/main character mean to you?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 08:34:34 pm »
My Fursona Willow actually has a very deep meaning to me, as she was my first character I ever made for Roleplay and FH, which FH has helped me with allot of things in my life. Just from the kind people on here ^^

My fursona, as a Fursona should be, really is me with some slight tweaks to her. She is always trying to put a smile on people's faces, and to make them laugh, even when she might be put down in return by the person, as am I. My goal in life is to make people smile and laugh, because I love seeing everyone happy and healthty <3 Willow's old background used to be she was only with her mother, as I am an only child with a single mother, but I changed it a bit, thus the tweaks. But her personality, spot on, is practically exactly like mine. ^^

Is there a special story behind why you picked a particular species or why you made your character look or act a certain way?

Well, I made Willow into a blonde wolf, because I am very blonde. The spots represent the freckles I used to have, which somehow have faded XD The white is because I am deadly pale, like ghostly man. Or I used to be, now I just look like a nice pale? :'D She has bright blue eyes, as do I. People usually comment about how my eyes look ^^ The pink above her eyes, represents how she is girly secretly, like me. Also, because she resembles a red wolf, I would practically be one, since I am very tall and lanky, meaning I'm really, really skinny and look like a twig. I'm awkward with my height. And proud. <3

What or who do your characters represent?

My character represents me completely, as she has had some problems with being teased because of her parents. I go to a catholic school, and yet, the people here aren't really the nicest ^^' they kept teasing me and such for how I only have a mother, and create rumours about me and my parents. Yet, I am always trying to make those hateful people happy. They just seem sad and need something to talk about other then themselves, and I just feel compelled to help them. As is Willow. ^^

Does your character reflect you in any way? Or things you wish you had? Do they have special abilities or secrets?

Well, despite what I already said, Willow also is quite shy at times, as am I when it comes to being in front of a group of people that are pretty popular, or just in simple terms. Kind of Intimidating ^^' So, Willow, when she confronts a pack or other large groups or animals, she gets kind of shy, and tries to find the right thing to say.

And that's why Willow has been my favorite fluff, because it's like roleplaying myself with these characters I so love on FH ^^
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:36:08 pm by KitkatRevolution »

Check out my website linked on my profile, REINCARNATION : warriors rp

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:42:16 pm »
Everyone makes so good topics today...
The characters I did before had some part of me but the "Kate" character is totally me.
I am actually one of those users who never made bio on my character. And I never thought her bio up. I can't imagen her past or who she was/is. Even thought I only use Kate in FH to chat around. But when I think again about the past I don't think there's anything too special in it like my own life. Kate just keeps everyone close and hugs them. ;)
I think Kate has all my personalities in her like: Shy, friendly, easily confused, happy.
But in the same time I can get a bit mean.
As I have always thought your character is part of you.

I think she is mine creation she is my life ;) She is my twin exept she never gets old ;)

No not really.

What or who do your characters represent?
Myself.

Does your character reflect you in any way? Or things you wish you had? Do they have special abilities or secrets?
Yes it reflects me all the time. She has some secrets that she woun't tell to everyone.
shhh noone knows me

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 01:18:37 am »

My main character, Zireal, is actually me, swirled together with my personality. Stubborn, sharp-tongued, shy, and nervous. Basically, only a true friend can lead me out of my shell.

No, just put what came onto my mind. Switched a few things, though. Zireal is a OCC.

What or who do your characters represent? Does your character reflect you in any way? Or things you wish you had or could do?

Myself, yes - my personality, and no. Well, otherwise than fly. xD

Yes, a few secrets, and she was wings since again, she is an OCC.

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 01:39:14 am »
Fabulous Topic. Lets see.....

Mocha is mainly me, but is more like how I picture myself than I really am.

Mocha is a wolf because I prefer wolves. But she acts the way she does because that's how I would like to be seen.

Mocha is a representation of a better me. She seems like a southern bell, until you get her mad. The you run and home her she doesn't have a gun. XD
I'm nice enough, but I can be anti/un social. I have much more of a temper in RL.
So she's a friendlier version of me.

No, she is very open with her own "secrets".

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:24:49 pm »
My furasona means me, basically. It's half of my heart, so to say. I love all sorts of animals, but I took one look at a sea turtle in an aquarium and It was obsession at first sight. Oceana Dreamer is myself in the form of something I love, and I love her. Oceana might be a fictional character to some people, but to be honest it's like she's right there swimming beside me everywhere I go.

I have never seen a turtle in the flesh. But that dream will be coming true this January. Anyway, I seen a picture of a turtle somewhere and it was obsession at first sight. I mean, I've been obsessed with the ocean and it's everything but the sea turtle species just won me over!

My character is me, an try-to-be-happy-no-matter-what, loyal and funny with a good attitude to life. But she can still have her moments! ;)

It reflects on my wishes to be able to swim and dive in the ocean freely without a care in the world. Without having to manage anxiety/stress everyday and being able to express it's true personality without the fear of being punished by others.

She can swim endless in the ocean and and hover a few inches above the ground when on land, but she's in a bubble that has a sea blue tint to it.

Siggy by Rustys!

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »
Dearest Flobby is both my main charrie and my fursona. She actually has a proper full name; Doctor Caillic Flob xD nice...
To me, little Caiilic, or Flobbeh, is a means of expressing myself. Mostly when I do drawings. I sort of feel like she's a representation of me and stuff I want to be. If anyone's seen her preset or read her bio, you'd probably know she has a Taurus symbol on her left shoulder, which is my star sign. Those little details are what kind of make me and her the same thing....in a way.
The reason a made Caillic a wolf, a European wolf to be specific, is because that's my favourite species. :) But sometimes she's very cat-like, so I like to think she's a bit of a wolf-cat hybrid. xD European wolves aren't usually grey, but the reason I made her that colour is because when I got a picture of a European wolf, I greyscaled it and thought "This is pretty cool actually," so, that's why she's a silvery grey. The eye colour, mane colour and the symbols are again stuff I am and would like to be.
Caillic does sort of represent me, but not completely because they are things about her that I don't have. Like, the Scottish accent; I'm not Scottish xD But her personality is very similar to mine.
As for special abilities, Caillic doesn't really have any. Just an interesting fact would be that she's a druid :D (yay) hence the spiral symbol on her right shoulder.

So yeah, that's Doctor Flob in depth xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 04:20:27 pm »
Wow.. my fursona Buffy is everything to me. She was created by me and is made out of everything I love and thats why I love her soooo much. If FeralHeart was to one day disappear forever, I'd cry because Buffy is my everything QuQ. 

There's another character called Fotia and they both how a powerful backstory together x3 But As I said before, Buffy is made out of the things I love like Butterflies, floating abilities, my favorite colours... I have a very long list which I shall not bore you.

What or who do your characters represent? Does your character reflect you in any way? Or things you wish you had or could do? She's basically the opposit of me xD Buffy is; hyperactive, talkative when not busy. protective of her friends, violent at times...

- A pearl necklace with endless wishes
- Eyes that glow in the dark
- Invisible wingzz
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:26:28 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 04:23:20 pm »
Well I have two fursonas actually. One being Feareh and the other being my TEC character named Baku. They both really do mean a lot to me in many ways.

Feareh
Feareh is more of a representation of me personally. Since he has many characteristics I have in real life. Even the items I put on him are the exact same as mine since I too wear both glasses, a cross silver necklace, and sometimes a chain silver necklace. Feareh and me are both Artist and designers who want to strive in not being looked down on cause we are both different, but have unique skills that should be cherished. To sum this up, Feareh is me in everyway. He is a reflection on me except the whole gender part.

Baku
Baku is more of my style character in general. I am more towards the Goth style wearing black and having a different sort of humor as most do. Baku is just to show my unique side of interest with my passion for skull creatures. Bakus interior is galaxy which is also something my family loves. My dad is a rocket scientist that works with space stuff, with that it got passed down to me with me loving the plants and that's why Baku has shooting stars/milkyway galaxy going through his body.

That's the basic summing on my characters in general really. I love them both sooo much as they are my "baby" characters <33
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:24:54 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 04:46:54 pm »
Hoo, boy, where to start...

While I've had several fursonas in the past, I suppose I'll focus on Linger, since he's by far my most recognized one, and right at the top of my list for my most beloved.

When Linger was first created, he actually was never meant to be more than an idea, and a philosophical sort at that.
It happened one day after a music rehearsal, that I was saying goodbye to a very dear friend of mine, and when I'd given him a hug goodbye (it was going to be a while before I'd see him again), I just felt like I didn't want to go, and I couldn't help lingering there in his arms for some time. As we'd finished out goodbyes, the very last look I gave him, when our eyes met, for some reason the image of these sweet, bright, white, silver and sky blue eyes that looked almost unearthly, yet still kind, crossed my mind.
Just the eyes. .-. It didn't look anything like mine or my friend's, but for some reason the weird little bit of inspiration stuck with me, and that night when I got home, I sought out to at least create what those lovely eyes might look like on some sort of creature, by means of expression of how I felt when I missed those I cared about, and by extension those I wished to continue to care for and love, even when I can't be there.

This said, I knew I wanted the Cub Spot eye markings and Orb eyes for a feline character, and soon the long white mane and gentle spotted markings of Linger followed. At this time, his design was almost entirely complete, though he didn't get his wings until later.
But at that time, around 6 months before anyone ever knew my face on the forum (xD), he was just meant to be some sort of philosophical, physical manifestation of that tender, sincere feeling I have toward those I love.

Later on, though, as my life continued becoming increasingly difficult, and I found myself in many cases being the solid ground for some friends and family alike that had been going through hardships, I'd begun to see myself as a guardian, or at least strived to be so, and so Linger followed in becoming a winged, guardian lion that I idealized myself to be for those who might need it.

Heavy stuff and stuff. xD

And su, that's how Linger came to be. He does in fact reflect my loving, sincere, and dutiful sides above all, though I do find him being the protector or sometimes light-hearted goofball that shows in my other sides as well. He is also very humble, and I suppose you could say when I play on Linger, it's a reminder to me to do my best to be sincere, humble, caring, and all of these qualities that I see in him, too.

Secrets... Hrrmmm... More like fun facts?
- He seldom looks down when on the ground.
- I still have yet to figure out what I want his voice to sound like, exactly.
- The silver band on his tail is removable.
- Linger is actually 318 years old, but his species can live to be over 1200-1500 years old.
- He may occasionally speak a few words in Elizabethan English-- but more likely to close friends. "Thou."
- He once had a "lady friend" named Teem, who was a non-winged lioness. That is literally all I know about her, though.
- In his birth world, he had spent his time as a messenger and guardian of a large bowl city, which was inhabited by many creatures, the most prominent being dragons, gryphons, and some earth-bound creatures as well. This position ended when the large city-state broke out into a cruel civil war, and forced many of its more civilized inhabitants out. He was around a century old, then.
- I don't know what he did, but at one time he screwed up and was made to watch a riverbed dry up for 11 years. He learned some serious patience from this.
- He has mild insomnia, but this is only because I don't like it when he closes his eyes around those who don't have his preset. (It looks weird! XD)
- Either he has a soft spot for cubs, or he's just a cub magnet. It's hard to tell sometimes.
- He has a musical side~ He's most likely to sing, but he's played various, primitive percussion instruments as well.
Uhhhhhh that's all I can think of right now.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||