Author Topic: Anca's (acna2009) Tutorials: How to make realistic dogs!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline acna2009

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I am fabulous and I know it C:
    • View Profile
Anca's (acna2009) Tutorials: How to make realistic dogs!
« on: March 22, 2014, 04:00:12 pm »
Hello there everyone, Anca (acna2009) here with a tutorial, on how to make a realistic dog character! c:
I bet, many of you saw this kind of dogs:

First of all, some of them might be new, or never had a dog before, but hey, we all were new once, right?

Alrighty, now, back to the tutorial.
So, before you make your dog, think which breed you want to make. I will make a German Shepherd Dog for example.
After you decided which breed to create, name it, and pick the gender and type the breed's name (If its too long, then make it shorter, German Shepherd Dog - GSD).
Also, dont forget! If you never saw this breed before, go to Google and type the breed's name and click on images. Im pretty sure that TONS of them will pop up.
Then go back to your game, and change to canine, of course.
Stay on the step I (1), then choose the height, muzzle and stuff like that. It has to look like the breed, like, you cant make a tiny Great Dane, or a huge Chihuaua.
Here are some examples:

DO

DONT

Thats the shape of how a German Shepherd Dog should look like.
Onto the next part;
Now, go to II (2).
I would pick wolf tail, because GSD's are mostly fluffy x3 The mane doesnt really matter, you can have any mane you want to, or maybe even maneless. Ears, I think normal and sharp would be the best. And tuft 'Back, Elbow Tuft' or just 'Full Tuft' (FLUFFY FLUFFY FLUFFY XD)
Example:

DO

DONT

Yep, you guessed right, III (3)!
Eyes, I think 'Fire' would be the best, because they look pretty realistic and kinda cool. x3 Markings are going to be German Shepherd, all of them, on all body parts. Duuh, it wouldnt be one then XD Ok, maybe if you have a preset, anyways.
Examples, again (I didnt color the yet, so they are yellow):

DO

DONT

Step IV (4). Yes, you may use items if you have. Muzzle and collars are the best. But no wings! Or any other crazy items, like tusks, overgrown fangs, lightsabers etc.
DO

DONT

And finally, V (5).
Now, this is one of the most important parts, where you color it.
Your character MUST be the REAL color of the breed, like, you cant make a blue Husky, just because blue is near the color black, etc.

DO

DONT

And done! Now you can have fun with your dog! C: Hope this helped! If you still need help, just post below and I will try my best! ^_^
~Le credits~
Ala - My dog irl lol
Oh, look! The doggy is happy! :D

New tutorials coming soon!

BUDGIES!!! ???