Author Topic: How to make realistic lions!  (Read 4971 times)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
How to make realistic lions!
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:08:34 pm »
So. I haven't seen one of these so I'm gonna make one! How to make realistic male and female lions. Ok, so. First, open up FH and go to the character creator. Type in a name for your new lion/lioness.
Now, first we will do the muzzle. For females you want it about here:

For males, I'd put it higher, but only a few centimeters.
The chin. For females, I'd put it down about here:

You could also leave it as deafault, as they need atleast some chin. For males, a bit higher than females or default.
Now for the nose and forhead. :D. Females should be about here:

For males I would do about the same, but because other features are a bit higher maybe do the chin and forehead a bit higher as well, but not much.
Ears and Eyes! Males and Females are about the same, but because of the mane, a Male might have ears that are an ounce larger.

Weight!
If your lion/lioness is in a pride, they are probably well fed. Lionesses are the ones that usually hunt, and they work as a team, no? But if you had a lion/lioness loner, they may not be able to hunt very well. But THAT DOES NOT mean put your weight all the way down. THEY ARE NOT A STICK!

Instead, if they are alone, put the weight here or a bit higher:

But if they are fully fed, females should look like this, and males a bit higher:

Length, Width, and Height! I don't know about you guys but I will not do it all the way up. Females about here:

And of course, males a bit higher.
Tail, Mane, Ears, Tufts. Of course the lion tail is the way it already is. If you want a realistic lion, I would not change it. Lionesses usually do not have manes, but if you want, for females, we usually pick the side mane, but that is definantly up to you. For a cub male, side mane would work too. Then, for teens, all of the 'halfs' work to, as all of the fulls. It is up to you what you choose, though. Ears. The ear you already have is perfect, but if you wish to change them, Rounded, Riged, and Ripped ears would work, but it is up to you, but NO TALL/POINTY WEIRD EARS! I would stick with normal, rounded, riged, and ripped, but that is my opinion :P. Tufts. For females, I like the cheek tuft, for males, about anything would work, but you know males usually have that tuft on the back of their legs so full tuft might be one of your best options!
Eyes.

As you can see, the lion has an eye with only a tiny black pupil (I guess that is what it is called) so, I would use the contracted eye "BUT IT'S FREAKY!" I know. I know. It looks a bit freaky. But just bear with it. Or, you can use normal.

Markings! Yay! Ok. No. Lions do not have spots like cheetahs or leopards. Lions have slight markings. They may have them, but they are either a bit lighter than the fur color or a bit darker. You can barely see them. These are some markings I recommend:
Body: Black Splotch (Faint, possibly a dustyish color), Leopon, Liger, Scar, Bubbles (Extra Faint), Underfur, Subtle Spots, Backleg Stripes, Striped Legs, Butt Stripes, Back Stripe, Splatter Back/Full/Socks (Extra Faint), Chimera 1 And 2 (Extra Faint), Dalmatian, Fading Spots/Stripes, Hellion (Faint, possibly dustyish color)
Head: Everything (If they have it) listed in body, Extra faint if it says above. Also, ear rims, simple stripe, eye stripe, things like that.
Tail: Everything (If They have it) listed in body, Extra faint if it says above. NO CHIMERAS OR SNAKES! Rings high low and center, too.
NO WINGS! Christmas hats, I would say no lol.
Colors! For some colors, I suggest looking here at this tutorial with good colors made by Zaroque:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=16295.0
Also, please remember what I said about the markings! It is up to you what you use, if you want you can use the other markings, but those above are just what I would use :D. Also, I think lions usually have dark brown, yellow, or a hazelish green eye color. Nose color should probably the default or black! Above eye is usually a bit darker than the fur color, under eye is a bit lighter. Tailtip is usually the mane color or, in a maneless female's case, dark brown! Mane is really up to you, blonde, brown, reddish, black, grey, white. NO NEONS THOUGH! :D And  If you want more colors that are different, please PM me, or post here! I really do hope you liked it! Hope it helped!
Good luck on lion making!
<3~Echoz
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:34:13 pm by Echoz »

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
Re: How to make realistic lions!