Author Topic: Login Problem?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline TheGuest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Login Problem?
« on: December 05, 2015, 12:23:05 pm »
So, hello there. Anyway, yesterday I managed to get in-game without any problems a'tall. But, today it just stopped working and now when I long-in to my account through the new security measure log-in page it just takes me to a blank page with some text on the upper left-hand corner that says, "No Proxy Settings". I don't see why it isn't working since I haven't been messing with my proxy settings since my last successful log-in session, and I've tried many methods that users have given me. Right now, I don't have any of my proxy settings options highlighted so I'd assume that they're off, but I'm not sure.

Does it have something to do with the fact that I have a Mac OS X?
Perhaps I haven't been turning the proxy settings completely off?
Restart my comp. or browser for the settings to kick-in?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks for reading!

Offline TheGuest

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Login Problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:24:26 pm »
Looking into.*
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:32:05 pm by TheGuest »

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 12:43:32 pm »
Hm well I think this thread might help you out a bit: a quick understanding of the new login

Oh and Raz explained a problem with this Proxy thing so I'll just copy what he said in the thread mentioned earlier:

There is a third thing that may happen when you try to login which is you get a message "no proxies here", I'll explain that in a moment.

Ok so lets assume your logged in. The page itself reloads every 50 seconds I didn't test with other browsers but I know on Firefox even if the tab is in the background and minimized it will always reload assuming your internet connection is maintained if your internet connection is poor you may want to install some sort of "tab reloading" addon these allow you to specify how often the page is reloaded and then the addon will continuously reload the page(a time of 25 seconds is wise if 50 is causing you trouble as then you have 2 chances to reload the page every minute). Essentially if the page isn't reloaded at least once every 60 seconds you will be logged out. The other possible problem is that what ever browser you choose to use is trying to be "to smart" some may ignore the reload request if the tab is not currently in view. If that's the case try another browser.

At this point you should have a stable link to the server. If you still cant connect I expect your using a proxy. Proxies are an anonymity tool. Not that anyone here should need to use one. Note that a proxy will not work on Feralheart so by having one setup your browser will end up with one IP and because Feralheart cant connect in the same way it will user your real IP. As the two IP's will be different you will not be able to connect. Simple advise here turn it off.

Now we've covered getting connected what might get you disconnected well trying to use the wrong username for one. And this accounts for anyone in your home. Say a sibling tries to get on there account without first logging into the site they will get you both kicked out. Or if you do something wrong in game obviously a moderator might remove you.

Typically though for a lot of users these sessions seem pretty dam stable. I can see there are some sessions that have been active for pretty much a day and that's not because the user is in game they just seem to have left the tab open.

Hopefully this clears things up

Raz

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 12:45:35 pm »
Your browser might have proxy enabled, now since I'm not a mac user I cannot help much.
Google how to turn proxy off on a mac.

The log-in won't let you in if the proxy is enabled as your IP will be different on the browser and the game.
RETIRED.

Offline TheGuest

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 01:45:17 pm »
I've turned off my proxy settings completely by unchecking all protocols(options) in settings, but I still can't seem to connect. The same page shows up after I try to log in again once having that setup. It's somewhat difficult finding methods to disable proxy because there are few results up-to-date with Mac OS X 10.9.5(what I have).

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 02:52:34 pm »
A little bird whispered in my ear that you should check this out.
http://www.stopforumspam.com/removal

Keep in mind that it may take up to 24 hours to be removed.

Hope this helps.~
RETIRED.

Offline TheGuest

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 04:40:48 pm »
It makes no sense at all why it worked. It just did. See, I technically have 3 different Wi-Fi networks to choose from. Two were created. One was given to us. I've been using the two we've created, but hadn't considered if the network actually effected proxy settings(?). It's confusing, but it worked. *Shrug.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! Turned out that the one network that isn't preferred is the only one that works. This'll take me a while to figure out exactly what happened. Lol

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 04:46:43 pm »
I will lock this since the problem appears to have been solved. Good luck playing the game!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.