Author Topic: Game Crashes Every Time I Load in a Character  (Read 1844 times)

Offline ghastimafrix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Boy, I sure am sleepy.
    • ghastimafrix
    • ghastimafrix
    • ghastimafrix
    • kalliejade
    • @ghastimafrix
    • View Profile
    • Tunglr Art
Game Crashes Every Time I Load in a Character
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:26:33 pm »
Hello! I don't post on the forums often but I'm trying to see if anyone knows what's wrong.

I do my own mods on FeralHeart, and my current in-progress one was working like a charm last time I tested it. (I'm pointing this out due to suspicion that it may be caused by the mod.)
However, this time, when I decide to play with it a bit, my game crashes.
Essentially, what will happen is this;
I log in fine, and I can select a character; the loading screen happens, when suddenly, I get "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working."
The thing is, this is only with specific characters. I tried three avatars and crashed three times; but one made it into the game, and I spawned in Ficho just fine.

EDIT, POST UPDATE;
This is happening again, and it's infuriating.
I can't load in any characters on any map without the game crashing; I had previously installed the Legendary Markings / Legendary Items pack and Goldchocobo's canine animations mod, and the game was crashing. So I moved the files, reinstalled, uninstalled, did everything I could and no matter what I do it always crashes, addons or not.
Is there any solution to this or is my computer just not able to handle the game anymore?
At least I know this isn't a big issue as I'm receiving a new laptop in a day or two, but if this glitch continues it certainly will. I love FeralHeart and the new update, but if this persists I may have no choice but to stop playing.
Oh, and I haven't done any modding. The most I've done is add in music files, but even post-removal of these files the game crashed.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?

And I should also point out that I did the basic troubleshooting of changing the display manager (DirectX and OpenGL) and restarting my PC.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:13:53 pm by Kallie »

Gotta run -

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Game Crashes Every Time I Load in a Character
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:28 pm »
There could be a possibility that you place a file into the wrong folder by accident, so I would check that out first and make sure everything is were is should be.

Offline ghastimafrix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Boy, I sure am sleepy.
    • ghastimafrix
    • ghastimafrix
    • ghastimafrix
    • kalliejade
    • @ghastimafrix
    • View Profile
    • Tunglr Art
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:33:06 pm »
There could be a possibility that you place a file into the wrong folder by accident, so I would check that out first and make sure everything is were is should be.
I've already checked this; I figured one of the many things I have in the FH folders might be causing it, but everything seems to be fine.

Gotta run -

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:08:22 am »
Hmmm...this could be a game glitch. I know you don't want to do this, but you may very well have to reinstall FH. That's the only thing I can think of, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so maybe someone will come along and be able to help you out better. ^^'

Offline ghastimafrix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Boy, I sure am sleepy.
    • ghastimafrix
    • ghastimafrix
    • ghastimafrix
    • kalliejade
    • @ghastimafrix
    • View Profile
    • Tunglr Art
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 10:15:16 pm »
I am boosting this because of my above edit. Any help on this matter would be appreciated, and I apologise for the trouble.

Gotta run -

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »
If you think it might just be your computer not being able to handle the game then it probably would be best to wait for your new computer then. Why fix the issues with this computer it if you're just going to move onto the new one. ;] Unless I misunderstood and you are still planning to use your current one.

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 10:33:10 pm »
Have you reset your character's homes and then sent them home via user panel.
Also, it could be that the files aren't compatible with the update.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline KatonaKy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Still sleepy
    • katonaky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 11:28:45 pm »
The same thing happened to me before, so here's what I did.

Open FH, and before you log in at the main menu click options. Go to video after that, then Rendering Subsystem. If you have it on Direct3D9, change it to OpenGL and click okay. Restart FH, and you'll notice that stuff looks different, and it should. See if it works then :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:41:20 am by katonakanome »