Author Topic: Preset not showing up  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Mist358

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Preset not showing up
« on: December 04, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »
This is not for me, but for my friend.

I have made a preset for my friend, but when I've send her the .fhp file, she told me that it's not showing up. That it's that yellow-black thing which shows up when the preset folder is empty. So I've send her the textures and .material file but it still didn't work. It works in my preset maker, thought, which is pretty weird.

Any ideas why is this happening?

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
Re: Preset not showing up
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »
You could send her the actual preset file, With the code and stuff? But the downside to that is that they can use your preset.
Not really sure on how to fix this issue, Sorry.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »
If you're trying to send this preset to her so that she can use it on her own character, what you'll need to do is send her the entire contents of the preset folder in which you made it in. So for example, if you made the preset in preset 2, you'll have to send her all the preset 2 textures and material files. She has to place this in her own preset_2 folder for this to work. She then will have to type her username exactly how it appears (Capital letters count!) into the username space on the game login screen. Then she'll have to go to the preset maker through the Creative Den. She'll pick preset 2, and then hit export. She'll then have to login to the game and edit her character, go to the last tab, and hit "Use Preset" For others to see her preset in game, she will need to put up the .fhp (with her correct username) download link for others to download.

If for some reason this is unsuccessful, open your material file in notepad and check what is listed next to the word "texture". If the name of the image in the material file does not correctly match the name of the texture files you have, then you have to change the name in the material folder to match the images in your folder. File format counts as well, so if your image is a .png, make sure it reads ".png" in your material file.
For example:

Material file reads: "texture preset_2head.png"
Then Image must be named as "preset_2head.png"

Also make sure that she is replacing the material file existing in her preset folder with the one that you are giving her.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:34:17 pm by Kynvuu »
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 02:43:06 pm »
Did your preset export properly? If the game lagged or froze while it was exporting, that may have caused it to mess up.

Just to be sure, double check that everything is correct in your .material file and that the extensions (.png/.jpg) match.

Make sure that it exports it with the correct name as well (for example it should be "VortexAlive_1.fhp" and not "vortexalive_1.fhp") or it probably wont show at all for others... This error will probably happen if you ignore using the capitalization in your username when you try logging in as the preset maker uses what has been typed in the username field.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Mist358

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:13:46 pm »
I have some experience with exporting and sending presets to others. That my friend has already three other presets made by me and this one is the only one that doesn't work. But I've send her all files that were in the preset_5 folder

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 05:43:22 pm »
Did she replace any existing files in her preset 5 folder?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Mist358

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 06:08:20 pm »
Did she replace any existing files in her preset 5 folder?
yep

↑click↑

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 07:58:55 pm »
So this is a preset for her or your preset that you're trying to get her to see?

Either way, I'd recommend doing a double take through your code just in case there's something off. I highly doubt it since you are able to see it no problem. Also, you may want to try reexporting it a few times.

I left a recommendation on your other post to make a "dummy" preset for that folder and I recommend it again for this as well.

Quote from: MorgraWolf
Make a sort of "dummy" preset. A random texture for the body, eyes, head, (all of the parts) with the correct code to accompany it and put it in the preset_12 folder, and export it. Then, after exiting out of FH, put your actual preset back in and try to open it up and export it. The reason for the dummy preset is to act as kind of a reset for that preset folder. (Sometimes it helps, trust me). If you are still having problems with preset_10 then do the same thing.

Except for, in this case it would be preset_2
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.