Author Topic: New preset replaced with old one  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Mist358

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
New preset replaced with old one
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:27:35 pm »
Yes, I know I'm annoying with my posts about presets, but I have this problem:
I made a fox preset and placed it into the preset_10 folder, but when I went to preset maker, I noticed that I already have different preset_10 exported. So I moved the textures to preset_12 and changed the material file. I went to preset maker, it worked, so I exported it. When I played as the char with the new preset, it worked as well. But when I lost connection and had to restart FH, the new preset_12 was merged together with the old preset_10. It's body and eyes textures were replaced by 10's textures. Anyone knows why is this happening? I really need help with this, because it happened multiple times before and I had to redo the preset completely.

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
Re: New preset replaced with old one
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 04:30:23 pm »
This has happened to me to, Here are some things that can fix it...
Restart your game 2-3 times: This doesn't always work but it's worth a try.
Export the preset and put it in to your 'Preset' folder: The preset folder not the My_Presets folder!
If there is any more I can think of I'll let you know.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 07:54:42 pm »
Make a sort of "dummy" preset. A random texture for the body, eyes, head, (all of the parts) with the correct code to accompany it and put it in the preset_12 folder, and export it. Then, after exiting out of FH, put your actual preset back in and try to open it up and export it. The reason for the dummy preset is to act as kind of a reset for that preset folder. (Sometimes it helps, trust me). If you are still having problems with preset_10 then do the same thing.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Mist358

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:39:02 pm »
The exported presets started woring when I exported them, but now even unexported presets do this. I tried the "dummy preset" thing, but after I replaced it with the new preset, it again merged together with the old one

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 08:03:26 pm »
Try removing (move them to a different location for backup) all of your my_preset folder content so that they're just the blank default folders and also try taking all of your own .fhp files out of the presets folders. Then try running FeralHeart once, exit out, then place only the preset you're trying to get exported back into it's my_preset folder and reexport it. That could maybe work as a reset without completely reinstalling the game.

Here's some default files just in case you want to use these to get the my_preset folder back to its original state:
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58064.0
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Mist358

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 04:49:11 pm »
Problem solved, it  was just bad material coding

↑click↑

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »
I'm happy to hear that things were resolved! I shall lock this up for you since the issue was fixed.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.