Author Topic: Old canine texture still appearing even after downloading a new one  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Mist358

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
So this is the problem: some time ago I've downloaded a canine texture, but it didn't look good in-game. So I tried to replace it with a different one, but in game there is still the old one. I replaced the files multiple times, tried many different textures, but the old one is still there. There is no sign of it in the textures and  masks folder, but it's still in the game and it seemingly isn't planning to disappear.
The weird thing is that I changed the canine texture many times and it worked everytime.

Feline texture is working just fine.

Could you please help?

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Old canine texture still appearing even after downloading a new one
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »
Mmm, sounds to me like a ninja file.

Try checking a littler more vast of area. Do ye 'ave any copies of FH files lying around? Or perhaps you've got a duplicate of a folder that ye use as a backup? Try checking the entire FH folder itself f'er the file.

Also, compare the names of the two texture files, old one and the replacement. Do they 'ave the same name, or is the new one different? A different file name could be the cause of this problem. If so, change the new one's name to the old one.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 03:20:18 am »
I suggest placing the new textures in multiple places [as a back up]. Like put them in your "Textures"folder and also your "Masks" folder.

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Mist358

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 08:16:19 pm »
I suggest placing the new textures in multiple places [as a back up]. Like put them in your "Textures"folder and also your "Masks" folder.

I did it already and even placed the texture in the backup folder. But nothing :/

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 08:36:12 pm »
What textures are you trying to download?
Also double check and make sure you've deleted the old textures. Because sometimes people think they do and they haven't which causes them to still show up. So just double check on that.

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011