Author Topic: Windows Secure Kit 2012  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Windows Secure Kit 2012
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:37 pm »
I went to check the FH forums to see if anything was new, but then my browser closed and a message popped up saying "Windows Secure Kit 2012 will now scan your computer" blah blah blah. Knowing from previous experience, I instantly knew that this was some bogus rogue anti-virus. So I disconnected the internet, closed the message, and as soon as an internet webpage popped up, I shut it down again.

So I ran a quick scan with Microsoft Security Essentials, no threats were found, so I think I'm ok, but how did this get here when I visited the FH forums?

So, to whoever hosts the FH forum, be warned that the forum might be under attack.

CloudFish

Re: Windows Secure Kit 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:22:00 pm »
I highly doubt it's the Feral Heart forums causing this problem if you're the only one suffering from this incident. It could have been from some other website or download you had visited or started. These things don't always pop up in contact with a site, some times they linger and then decide to pop up.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:36 pm »
As CloudFish states.

Just remember that the whole internet can host a number of things. However, there have been a few reports of the FH forum containing virus's, so I would keep a watchful eye out.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Alan_536

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:00:46 pm »
I was infected with the same virus from FB and I accidentally found your thread via Google. I also ran various antivirus protection at that time and none of them helped to remove Windows Secure Kit 2012 completely. Fortunately, I finally used a manual removal (http://www.onlinepcsavior.com/how-to-get-rid-of-windows-secure-kit-2012-quickly-and-safely/ ) and my antivirus program to get rid of all infections.

Hate those who created such bad thing!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:15:59 am »
Always interesting to see new users bump into the forum for various reasons. I myself wouldn't not be sure how this site would give such malware/virus to anyone. We thank you for the information provided to here Alan!
Former community manager of FeralHeart