Author Topic: Can't sign in with new user  (Read 2096 times)

Locksmith

Can't sign in with new user
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:24:20 pm »
Okay, I was trying to make a new username for a friend and despite the fact that I registered, got the activation code, and activated the account, the log-in on the forums is saying that the user does not exist, nor can I recover the password, because the user does not exist.

But.

When I go to try to register again, it does not let me use the email because the email is already in use.  Can someone tell me what I should do?

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: Can't sign in with new user
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:20 am »
Are you trying to log into the gold box? That thing is broken. Don't worry about it, as logn as you can log into the forums (which you obviously can, since you posted) then you are fine.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Locksmith

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:54:00 am »
Actually, no, if you read my post, I'm making a different account for another person.

I can't sign in to either the forums or the gold-box. I figured that the gold box isn't working, I saw that in another thread, but if I try to log into the forums it says the user does not exist. But when I try to re-register, it says that the username is already being used.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 04:25:42 am »
Oh WOOPS I read too fast, my apologizes :)

Hmm I regret to tell you that I don't have a solution to that problem, anyone else have one?

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 07:36:47 am »
Maybe that name is already in use, people choosing very plain names like "Shadow" or "Angel" will easily bump into already used usernames. I'd suggest you to use another username, and if it tells you the mail address is already in use, then yes, it might be something weird that's up. But then I expect that the mail you're trying to use is not for the acc you're posting with here, or any other account on these boards, or it might be infact that the account was created but never got all the way through.

The golden box is problem for some, but you don't really need to sign into it at all, so don't worry about that one. Focus on the login boxes on the forum index page.

Send me a pm with the mail address you tried to register with via a PM. I will check up on it and see if there's any account that was made with it. If it isn't anything there, you need to try another username. If the mail is used with some other account, I will get back to you and see what we can do about it, possibly delete the account and let you register again.
Former community manager of FeralHeart