Author Topic: The Incapability to Add a Space to Display Names  (Read 1642 times)

SoulRevenge

The Incapability to Add a Space to Display Names
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:20:42 am »
yay wow that is one unfortunately long title but onto the point,

when changing your display name on the forums, some of you may noticed that its impossible to have one with a space. Now you can add _ to your name, but otherwise; no spaces. the forums tell you that spaces are a 'reserved name', so I was thinking; this is a bit of an inconvenience, and seeing that we are entirely capable of adding or removing certain features on the forum without the currently MIA Kovu, could it be taken into consideration? Permitting the capability to add spaces to already-changed display names on the forum, that is!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: The Incapability to Add a Space to Display Names
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:43:17 pm »
We are able to change forum features and modify things to a certain extent here. LKD never put much interest to anything regarding running and maintaining the community as is, it's generally the game that it's spoken of when they're in the picture. However the reason I believe why you cannot use spaces in your name "could" be due to avoid users just putting something like "      " as their display name. As you probably have seen other users has done this before where they just choose a random symbol like "." or "_" and not an actual name to be their display name.

Even though it's pretty much the same thing, I don't think users should have the possibility to post around with a completely blank display name on the forum. Now I cannot be fully certain that this is the reason why, but I do believe it could be the very reason why it's reserved.
Former community manager of FeralHeart