Author Topic: Good Fourm idea?  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Good Fourm idea?
« on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:14 am »
Okie... So, the only thing I don't like about the Fourm... Is that the posts are at the very last page. And when I didn't know the forum that well, in confused me. A lot. And, you should change that... If there's a way.... Becuase we were all newbs once. And that wasn't a fun time for me....

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Good Fourm idea?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »
It sounds to me that you're getting this forum confused with the "nested" styles of posting like on DeviantArt.

Conversely, I believe the style we have now, which moves from the first posts toward the starting thread, to the last posts at the bottom of the thread (think of it as one long list of comments, like on any other site or discussion board), is more logical.

Sure, on other sites it's easier to look right below the first thread to see the latest comments, but it is very backwards to what we're used to, now, and would also make for a confusing reversal of posting orders for all of the boards (including Roleplay boards) here on the forum.

So, I personally think this one is a no, or at least there's no dire need to switch up how the posts flow at the moment, since it hasn't posed a problem before.

Thank you for the input, though.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Good Fourm idea?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »
It sounds to me that you're getting this forum confused with the "nested" styles of posting like on DeviantArt.

Conversely, I believe the style we have now, which moves from the first posts toward the starting thread, to the last posts at the bottom of the thread (think of it as one long list of comments, like on any other site or discussion board), is more logical.

Sure, on other sites it's easier to look right below the first thread to see the latest comments, but it is very backwards to what we're used to, now, and would also make for a confusing reversal of posting orders for all of the boards (including Roleplay boards) here on the forum.

So, I personally think this one is a no, or at least there's no dire need to switch up how the posts flow at the moment, since it hasn't posed a problem before.

Thank you for the input, though.

I wasn't expecting it to happen... Just kind of stating that it's really confusing.