Author Topic: August Update 1/8  (Read 29513 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
August Update 1/8
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »
Updates for August

We are all enjoying our summer and FeralHearting our days away into a new month. You've seen these threads before, and now it's time for the August update thread. Hopefully we'll have something interesting to mention for everyone in the community.

Notice Regarding The Game Server
As some of you might've noticed over the last weekdays we had around is that the server has been hard to connect to during the mornings/mid days(around 10-11am UTC). This is because our servers are going through it's daily backups around this time of the day during the weekdays. If you face connection problems around this time, just be patient and the server should be accessible soon again.

Board & Site changes
After several threads being posted on the forum and matters being discussed both on the boards and amongst staff, we have done yet another change towards the "Karma System" that we have here on the forum, and since some users wished for a change or were unhappy with how it worked, we are going to try out new ways of how to use and see how it goes. The change now is that Karma has changed to "Floof-O-Meter" to give it more neutral sound and aimed more towards our community, but we have also removed the option for all members to bite/smite another user to focus more on the positives instead of negatives.

If you haven't noticed by using the site already, we now have a special little function on the side of every page here on the site. By dragging your cursor over to the right corner of the screen next to the scroller you are now able to see the most popular maps in the game used at the current time and their user count. This will let you guys know more easily about a maps population and what to expect when running around inside the game.

Since there has always been a high interest for games in general in the FeralHeart community, and it's an interest many share across forums alike, we have now added an "Other Games" board located in the offtopic section. This board can be used for discussion, sharing and ideas for all other games and it's platforms that might exist out there. We hope to see some great activity from you lots and the board should be open for posting very soon.

The Game rules thread has been updated and does now also hold an Hungarian translation which can be find next to the other translations in the Games rules thread.

Events & kewl sturf

Last month the Avatar Contest got to play in overtime, but we ended up with a winner this time as well, and it was no one else than Wolffox! Apparently the new trend is Head nomming lions and the communitys top vote. Congratulations Wolffox.

We are now starting up a new contest for this month, and this time around it will be a Video making contest! We will be looking for creativity and editing skills this time around when FeralHeart footage is in the center, so if you love to edit videos, this is a great opportunity for you two mix two things you like. Visit this thread for more information.

The next MOTS is now up and running for you floofs to nominate the next member of the season "Summer". Make sure you peek in and nominate the users YOU think deserve to be the next MOTS here on the forum! Link to the thread is located here.

Side note
I'm sure the majority on the forum has already noticed, but let me throw it out here that our previous MIT Wolffox is now a moderator here on the forum. They have been of great help, and will hopefully keep being so in the future taking care of the things around here.

On the other side we wish to thank you guys for yet another nice summer month with you here and on FeralHeart and I'm sure we will bump into eachother in the game soon again.

Until next monthly update,

Thanks~ Redrawr outz
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:18:05 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

SoulRevenge

Re: August Update 1/8
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:43 pm »
Congradulz on the Mod position Wolffeh~ X3. And I can't wait till' that video contest is up~

Offline Vallez

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Antigua Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:19:58 pm »
Sounds good Red! and me too, Blacki!

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other jerk die for his...

OWNER AND
ADMINISTRATOR OF ANTIGUA

Mi wittle DA page:
http://vallezfh.deviantart.com/

Offline wolves01

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • HAHA... no
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 08:24:27 pm »
Thx for the updates~

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »
Lurf updates, Tsank you Red!!

You are amazing <3

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
Thank you for the updates red and congratulations on becoming a moderator wolffox.
Signature by Green

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 08:35:42 pm »
Thankz for de updates Red. Video contest should be fun.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Moonwolf678

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Came back after a millenia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »
Thanks fo' the updates! I'm so glad the Bite option is gone!
I need a new signature.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 09:52:28 pm »
Thanks guys<3
And thank chu for the update, my favorite head-nomming lion. xD

Offline Viinca