Author Topic: October Update 1/10  (Read 38576 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
October Update 1/10
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:05 pm »
Updates for October
Another rather calm month has now passed bye and we can most likely say that the autumn is just around the corner. There's been some changes in the community and game, so we will have yet another quick news post to sum some things up.

Notice Regarding The Game Server
We had some changes done to the map limits once again, this time it's actually a reduction done to hopefully improve stability for those playing the game. The current limit for users within one map is 160.

Notice Regarding Site/Game Registrations
If you have been active on the forum you might've noticed Razmirz post regarding the site registrations. We will now have registrations open randomly throughout the week instead of open 24/7 to provide more stability and smoother experience for those who are playing, if you wish to read more about it, visit this thread. for more information.

Board & Site changes
A while back we got a new very welcomed function here on the site that will most likely save some users from frustration or headaches at times. Users are now able to reset Character position directly from our site without even entering the game. This function will be very useful if you'd have a stuck character inside of a custom map that gives the message "Failed to connect to map server" after several tries, or if your character is currently placed within a fully populated map hard getting into. This will ensure that users always will be able to play on their characters they like the most. To use this function you log into the site login next to the banner, and then click "Reset Character", you will be asked to sign in using your game account again that holds the characters you wish to reset, and from their it's a rather plain forward Reset home, go home option.

After requests, we now have a "Request Meshes" board here on the forum. The mesh section has gotten rather big, and the request mesh threads is completely mixed around with the actual creations threads, due to the amount of users showing interest in meshes in particular we will be splitting up the section for created meshes and mesh threads, and another for already Finished meshes or meshes being  worked on. This should make things more organized and easier for users to locate what they are looking for.

Events & kewl sturf
The video contest is finally finished and we have our top three that you guys voted to be the winners!

3rd place
Sir_Anathema with their video Non Omnis Moriar

2nd place
Muser with their video Poisen (Angel of Vice)

1st place
Viinca with their video Abre Tu Mente

Thanks you all for participating and for your votes, hopefully we will be able to have a similar event once again soon. You can check on the video contest winners videos by visiting this thread.

Side note
That was all for this time around though even though it was quite short on text this time around we hope it was nice treading through. hope you guys will stay safez and we will be backies next month for yet another post.

Thanks~ Redrawr outz
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
Re: October Update 1/10
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »
Thank you Red!
And congratz to everyone who won!

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:26:19 pm »
Thank you for the update, Red. ~
Congratulation's to the winners, and a well done to the competitors.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:41:34 pm »
Congratulations Viinca that video was epic! and good job Muser and Sir_Anathema.
Thanks for the news Red.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:46:43 pm »
Cheers for the update, Red. It's always nice knowing what's going on in the community we have here.
Congratulations to those who won the video contest. :3
RETIRED.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:14:31 pm »
Thanks very much for the big update! To the Video Contest Winners, I'm really happy to say Congratulations to them. With all these different, useful changes to the Forum, it's going to help us all, and I will say that everything changed when I was away.

Thanks, SilverTW

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »
Ooh, well if it isn't SilverTW! Welcome back. c:
And I concur, these changes may help keep the game more stable. I can't help but notice an increment in bad tokens and such recently though...

Also, congratulations to all the winners of the video contest. All three were great, and so were the other entries in my opinion. ~

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:19 pm »
Congratulations contestants ^^ And Fanks Red for the update.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »
Thankya for the update, Red! (And all of the FH team, really~) Even with the smaller server limit, I think the Character Reset feature was a great idea. I got my jaguar back. x3

Congratulations to the video contest winners, all of the competitors, and as always, kudos to all of you dedicated Ferals out thur. <3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline FoxiePlushie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Bright like a floof
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:53:53 pm »
Aww thanks for the update Red! Even with the smaller map limit, I think the ability to reset your characters without entering the game is a great idea! (You have no idea how many times I've had to recreate a character  because it was stuck in a map XD) Also, congratulations to all of the video contest winners! You guys created awesome videos and really deserved it. :)