Author Topic: Working FeralHeart - Computer Guide *WIP*  (Read 2611 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Working FeralHeart - Computer Guide *WIP*
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:51:14 pm »
I've seen threads where people were asking for help to get FeralHeart up and running again after their computer broke FH. This guide here is to help you with many problems related to this.

Let's start out with the basic.
My computer's security system says FeralHeart isn't safe.
FeralHeart is very staff. I suggest you turn off Download Intelligence (Or what it's called for you)  for the moment and try to download it.
If you use Norton (Like I do), it'll eventually expire therefore it stops protecting your computer until it's renewed.
I would wait until Norton expires, I'll download FH, and then renew it when I'm done. <3

My computer acts up when I run FH.
Something in your FeralHeart folder must've gone wrong. Try dowloading the game and it's patch, to help it work. If this doesn't work, you'll need a better computer to play on.

FeralHeart isn't playing properly.
May sound a bit weird, but check your Internet Connection. Poor Internet connection makes it harder to play FeralHeart since FeralHeart needs good internet connection (or just generally Internet connection) to work properly.

My computer keeps making FH turn off by itself.
What? I doubt this would happen, but if it does...
I suggest you get your computer looked at or maybe changed. There's a slight chance you have a virus on your computer, or your computer is being shared with a hacker who is messing up your settings and programs (It's possible).

My computer made FeralHeart distorted.
Try turning FeralHeart on again. If it's still distorted,  you may have to reinstall FeralHeart.
Or you can try...
1.) Clearing/Cleaning your cache
2.) Cleaning your computer (Not like wipes, I mean by deleting files)

I have a black screen. I can't see.
Restart either FeralHeart or your computer.

Feralheart lags. Is it something on my computer?
Maybe, maybe not.
But just to be sure, try checking both your computer and FeralHeart.
If you're sure it's not your computer, change some of your FeralHeart settings.

Source:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:55:19 pm by ??????? »

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Working FeralHeart - Computer Guide *WIP*
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 01:55:40 pm »
Information on Computers/Laptops
What's a computer?
"Computers are machines that perform tasks or calculations according to a set of instructions, or programs. The first fully electronic computers, introduced in the 1940s, were huge machines that required teams of people to operate. Compared to those early machines, today's computers are amazing. Not only are they thousands of times faster, they can fit on your desk, on your lap, or even in your pocket."

What's a laptop?
Same as computer, but portable! <3

What's a firewall?
"A firewall is software or hardware that checks information coming from the Internet or a network, and then either blocks it or allows it to pass through to your computer, depending on your firewall settings.
A firewall can help prevent hackers or malicious software (such as worms) from gaining access to your computer through a network or the Internet. A firewall can also help stop your computer from sending malicious software to other computers"

What's a proxy server?
"A proxy server is a computer that functions as an intermediary between a web browser (such as Internet Explorer) and the Internet. Proxy servers help improve web performance by storing a copy of frequently used webpages. When a browser requests a webpage stored in the proxy server's collection (its cache), it's provided by the proxy server, which is faster than going to the web. Proxy servers also help improve security by filtering out some web content and malicious software.
Proxy servers are used mostly by networks in organizations and companies. Typically, people connecting to the Internet from home will not use a proxy server."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:55:03 pm by ??????? »

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Working FeralHeart - Computer Guide *WIP*
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 01:56:00 pm »
MIGHT BE RESERVED TOO