Author Topic: FeralHeart will not work properly!  (Read 1653 times)

chantee

FeralHeart will not work properly!
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:24 pm »
Edit: Just realized >.< I should have posted somewhere else... Sorry...

Hello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, as I am quite new to the forum.

So, I have a problem with FeralHeart. When I log in, it is okay, it comes up with the usual stuff. My wolves seem fine too. But, here's the problem; when I click "Start", it will go on the usual loading screen, then it comes up with "FeralHeart.exe is not responding", and after windows tries to find a solution, it comes up with "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." This only happens to wolves I have already made though. FeralHeart works on new wolves, and I have had to remake the same character four times, and I am getting pretty sick of this.

I hope this was specific enough, thank you.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:33:52 pm by Star »

JackobLoveu

Re: FeralHeart will not work properly!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:35:41 pm »
This needs to be in Game help. :3 No pressure.

To your problem, hmm this happens to members. Well what you need to do is, go to 'Character Reset' (In order to do that, go to the golden box to the right, then login. After you did that, you'll see 'Character Reset' :3) or re-install or un-install your FeralHeart. If you chosen Un-install, you need to delete the old FeralHeart, then re-download it. Hope this help. :3

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:08 am »
This should be in the game help thread.

And, how long has this been going on? Is it more than one character crashing? What maps are the characters in? Like Thrillex said, try character reset.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:14 am »
Yeah definitely try what Thrillex said and if that doesn't work also try messing with your game's video settings. Click where it says "options" on the main menu then "video" from there set your settings like so:
-Switch your rendering subsystem from OpenGL to Direct3D9
-Turn Water Reflection Off
- Put View Distance to 0

If you can't get into your game at all to access the main menu then you can change your rendering subsystem like so:
(Quote from the BIG help thread)

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text

Code:

Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

I hope something here helps