Author Topic: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?  (Read 32349 times)

Offline Spartathewolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • My Path is Lit for me, and im the one who lit it!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Lion-sized Warrior Cats?
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »
I make my cats large to suite the size of the meshs, not the real size of the actual animal. So if the trees are so large, my cat is going to match the size so the cat would look more realistic size against the size of the trees.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2013, 08:50:36 pm »
I make my cats large to suite the size of the meshs, not the real size of the actual animal. So if the trees are so large, my cat is going to match the size so the cat would look more realistic size against the size of the trees.
This is actually a really good point.
Plus, it covers for all characters who are made to be obscenely huge... Most of the public maps are made with enormous meshes (particularly the trees), and so I can see the character proportions being adjusted to match the environment.
I hadn't thought of that in terms of warriors, but that does make a lot of sense. If the meshes in the public maps were smaller (or perhaps just more realistic) altogether, a lot of people wouldn't feel the need to make such huge characters.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Boomi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • ~My Blog~
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 10:44:35 am »
According to my logic, I think that cats in Feral Heart should be the smallest size
Why?
Because: The cubs on Feral Heart are usually the smallest size, and domestic cats are usually the size of a cub, so that is why my cat character is the smallest size...
~A Chicken With Big Toes~

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 02:37:02 pm »
I don't mean to be rude or anything, Boom, but this thread is over a year old, and your not supposed to necro old threads. I apologize if I came off as arrogant.
A mod will probably be locking this soon, anyway.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 05:16:03 pm »
I understand where you are coming form I have to admit I do make big cat characters that a re a little bigger than a maine coon breed, but the ones who are the size of lions are ridiculous. I mean yes I like being bigger because it looks odd when a female cat has kits that aren't far from the size of their mother. So I make mine a bit bigger. Yet lion sized ones are silly, and not needed. So part of you I agree with, and honestly I do not know if you would agree with me on this matter. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »
According to my logic, I think that cats in Feral Heart should be the smallest size
Why?
Because: The cubs on Feral Heart are usually the smallest size, and domestic cats are usually the size of a cub, so that is why my cat character is the smallest size...

I am pretty sure all of this was covered, but again I have to say this.

If you are mapless, and are open to others role playing with you, then yes. Being a smaller size matters. Because you are directly interacting with other species.
However when using a map, that there are NO OTHER SPECIES interacting with you, that's when size matters.
I used to run many cat based role plays, I kept my adult members over default. Why? Because we're going by size base from kit to adult. The kit should not be shoulder to shoulder with its parent when just being born. Logically that would kill the mother. Usually the maps that hold cats are huge base so make this more realistic to their sizes. Making the role play sizes realistic. "being the sizes of lions" no offense but if you've noticed lions are usually capped height, or near, and then they size next to "dragons" that should be gigantic. If we're going by realism here, adult LIONESS are as BIG AS lions themselves. It's all about perspective and what you are role playing, and who with. To each role play is their own, their own requirements. The feral heart sizes are only so much, so little room to actually make sizing 100% accurate.

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »
Please dont necro the thread o3o
Inactive. Will be back one day

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »
Sorry for speaking in a old topic, but this one just happened to catch my eye!
Yes, I do see that they are trying ti be size realistic because the kits would be huge in comparison to the size of a domestic cat, but the powerplaying is really getting out of hand!

Fang M Dragon {me}: flies around, looking at the Dragon sized cats (they were as big as me .-.) and lands on the ground.
Nightstar M WCK: Rips dragons wings off no nothing and rips guts out no nothing
Me: oh, so you want a taste of your own medicine? Rips cats head off and eats it's guts and brain nn
Nightstar: OMG! YOU A NOOBY GOD MODDER AND I WILL REPORT YOU!

See what I mean?

Offline Likopinina

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Meow
    • Likopinina
    • Likopinina
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2014, 11:22:32 am »
Ah, to be honest, these giant warrior cats really annoy me.
I usually play on the feline character that is a wildcat. Wildcats are a little bit bigger than domestic cats, so that's how I created my char. And it irritates me when I pass warrior APPRENTICE bigger than me...
Preset of Leon

Signature by bruisers