Author Topic: Roleplay Fights are FAIL  (Read 29090 times)

weylin

Re: Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:58:17 pm »
Well, the problem arises when both sides are insistent on being the winner, or people who start the fight thinking they're the superior fighter. So far as I've seen everyone has some sort of ridiculous super power or background history that makes them moody and short fused, somehow justifying being good at everything.

I still see modest role play fighters, but they always end up dying
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:00:40 pm by weylin »

TealSkeletore

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 09:58:26 pm »
Lol this is why I only RP with close friends.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 10:03:54 pm »
Well, the problem arises when both sides are insistent on being the winner, or people who start the fight thinking they're the superior fighter. So far as I've seen everyone has some sort of ridiculous super power or background history that makes them moody and short fused, somehow justifying being good at everything.

I still see modest role play fighters, but they always end up dying

LOL guilty [modest]

:U Yeas. But I never really got mad and wanted to win. o3o I used to roleplay fight people when they'd like, challenge me. But I would get so annoyed that I just stopped talking altogether to those people.

slycan

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:17:08 pm »
Breeds of fail GodMod RPers.. I've encountered then all :/

The Super Cub - when a cub RP suddenly becomes stronger than jebuz.

The Unbeatable Hybrids - Vampire-Werewolf-Dragons with powers of Demons and spells of Angles, most of them fly and have robotic body parts, their blood is made of poison.

The STFUper's - These guys think they are mods and go around harassing people to stop god moding - or godmod back, which is even more annoying for people that do care about either one of your opinions or spam dodges.

The Crybaby - Someone thats randomly p-o'd for what ever reason and starts cursing at you in order to fight. No one really knows 90% of the time why they are mad, but the rest of the 10% that made them mad on purpose really just don't care from their over reaction.

the only cures for these demons .. they can only die by the power of the "Holy Bible of Block Button" and holy water. If you to ever encounter one of these yourself and you don't have any of the above, just hold still for a few moments and they will lose view of you.. their sight is based on movement..

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:19:18 pm »
I'm sorry, but every time I get dragged into one of these stupid things, it ends up being a clash of overpowered characters, godmoding, ignored attacks, auto-hits, arguments, drama, OORP anger, and it goes on until someone throws their hands up and says "Fine, I die, whatever, I'm tired and need to go to bed"

We need to work out a combat system, or adapt one already in use.

I am so sick of people with their characters as durable as steel plated armored assault machines. What in the hell?
Oh, never mind your intestines that should be dragging all around in the god damned dirt after being clawed 50 times, you bit me on the throat once, I'm instantly dead as far as you're concerned!

I totally agree with you on this its time they made a system of some kind maybe a combat system or grid
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Wudiin

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:49 pm »
. I only rp fight with people whom I know well. Never with random people because who know what kinda' crap would happen. XD.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:23:01 pm by Wudiin »

ColonelHamilton

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »
The problem isn't with fighting, per say.  The problem is that no one wants their character to either lose or die.  A good roleplayer will accept that, sometimes, their character can be defeated.  Or they will come up with some kind of draw to make both players happy.  I'd bet if people knew that they could come up with a way that their characters could lose without getting killed, they might be less obsessive about winning fights.

Terrible fights like that are a symptom of Mary Sueism, which is unfortunately rampant.

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 10:24:09 pm »

I happened to notice your icon and character its very beautiful very unique ^^ i havent seen another like it.  and yes i only rp with my pack and i still lay down strict rules like no god modding
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

weylin

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »
The only person I've ever had enjoyable RP fights with is a friend on iScribble. There we draw our characters doing an action to the other rather than typing it all out. It allows more flexibility, and ensures that both sides are seeing the same situation.

How do you suppose we could work out a way to make RP fights in FH work? It should be detailed, but not too confusing to be hard to keep track of.
Just having 'hitpoints' doesn't allow for enough tactic.

I'm gonna make another post and try and work out a method of determining fight damage and such, maybe work out something we can all agree on.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:42 pm »

I happened to notice your icon and character its very beautiful very unique ^^ i havent seen another like it.  and yes i only rp with my pack and i still lay down strict rules like no god modding

Thankyou =D That's very kind of you to say that. I like your icon too, Soul Eater is one of my favourite series. Too bad the icon isn't symmetrical. D:<

/end offtopicness

I don't really RP that often anymore. I used to be really into it and I always knew how to react to certain circumstances to a fight. I never aimed to kill the person's character, just to dominate and harm as it would happen in the wild xD Unless it was planned.

Except maybe in my noob days lol xD
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:20:05 am by Teal Skeletore »