Author Topic: Cursing/Swearing  (Read 5540 times)

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Cursing/Swearing
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:14 am »
I totally agree. Yes and I was just in Fluorite and people were spamming all over the Great Wall of China. xD Yes, you should not swear in this game. So what if you think no one hears you? I heard you. That's enough to get you banned, kicked or warned.

To everyone of Feral Heart. Do NOT SWEAR!

Or break any rules for that matter...

Thank you. :3

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 01:08:50 am »
I agree. A lot of the people who swear constantly are little 11 year olds who didn't read the rules and shouldn't be on this game in the first place. They do it for attention and to look cool.

Offline RedWolf995

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Wowolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 04:14:55 am »
There are a lot of kids that doesn't read the rules before playing and doing anything that is breaking the rules and the trolls... They aren't safe of the pineapple thrower...

Offline Oblivion25

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Gotta love the sarcasm sauce. It's tasty~ >:3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 11:29:31 pm »
Firstly, I'll say this. This post contains my opinion. Mine. Not anyone else's, unless they happen to share it with me. It also contains specific mentioned 'swear words'. I am not trying to actually swear at anyone here, I'm merely using them as examples... I'm not even using them in a profane context, which should mean a lot more than it usually seems to...

Anywhoosle~!

For me, I only particularly care if people are swearing profusely OOC... I'm one of those people who grew up wondering why I wasn't allowed to say 'those words', thinking of them as some weird 'secret clique lingo'. Or something strange like that. Now that I'm older, I actually swear a fair bit IRL due to loving the freedom of saying what I /want/ to, and have no issue being sworn at, either. It's just how the English language is, both now and in the past.

However, I do also understand the fact that some people take offense at it, even if it's not directed at them or their friends/family. I personally think they're probably being a little too sensitive, but... eh, to each their own, I guess. The game is meant to be for 13 and above, isn't it? Chances are most people who are 'allowed' to be playing by that technicality have heard most if not all of these words before, anyways. Heck, I know for a fact from personal experience IRL that some 8 year olds can be far more profane in their speech than many 20 year olds!

In-game, I try to only swear if I really can't think of anything else to say and something /needs/ to be said. And even then, I don't use the more 'extreme' ones outside of Whisper, so as to try to avoid people puffing up at me over it. However, one issue I always have is what actually 'counts' as a swear word. Different cultures have different takes on the matter. Australia, for example, is a lot more 'lax' as far as the general usage of words is concerned than America seems to be, so a word that I don't consider to be that bad may be very bad to someone else. x3 It's tricky. Words like 'bloody' are a prime example... >.>;

If I'm playing a character that is just more likely to swear (not that there's many of those outside of fandom RPs in my case, as I try to be a responsible FHer), then I'd rather keep the character's integrity and get in trouble for swearing than destroying the way the character speaks just to keep everyone else happy when the words are in extremely-wide usage in other forms of media, and elsewhere on the internet. Harsh, but true.

Back on the note of 'what words are actually bad', I am a firm believer in using the correct terminology where I can... That means I refer to a child born when their parents are not married as a 'bastard', and a female dog as a 'bitch'... I do not consider them to be swear words in that context, and actually get a little peeved if people try to tell me I can't use them in their intended context, just because they've /become/ relatively generic insults. The older meanings of the words are always more important to me than the newer ones are... which can get a little annoying in the case of words like 'gay' and 'fag' (which mean 'bright, cheerful, happy', and 'cigarette' or possibly a shortening for 'faggot' which means something to do with fire kindling in an older context... Go figure, given what they 'mean' now, eh?)

If I'm truly angry at someone and can't leave the matter as-is at that point, that's one time where I'm /more likely/ to swear, as my usual tactic of growling at people IRL doesn't really work on a game like this... ^_^U
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:32:44 pm by TheOnlyOblivion25 »
If you stare too long into the abyss, it will eventually stare straight back at you... and maybe offer cheese and biscuits. X3

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 11:31:36 pm »
Just ignore them. Someone will report em' eventually. Or block them if it gets too annoying, or move somewhere else.

Common sense there.~

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 11:45:50 pm »
Please try not to necro old threads guys~ This hasn't been posted on in 2 years~ <3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 11:47:17 pm »
Please try not to necro old threads guys~ This hasn't been posted on in 2 years~ <3

~ Whisper

oH I thought it was trending since I didn't even check... e.e

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 11:52:06 pm »
Aye, this thread is an old one. Let's be more careful about checking the dates of our posts in the future, friends.

Locking this.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||