Author Topic: I Do Not Know Everything  (Read 2618 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
I Do Not Know Everything
« on: July 18, 2014, 01:30:55 pm »
Ever had that one person that would bash you if you didn't know something already? In another end, have you ever had a moment where you think you should have known something ahead of time? This is what the topic is going to be about.

Example of what I'm talking about (sample conversation, not a real one):
Person 1: Hey, they doin a TLK at last cave! Wana come?
Person 2: Wat's TLK?
Person 1: Really? You played for 2 yrs and dnt know wat TLK is? Ur stupid...

Just to clarify, this is not really centered on opinion vs opinion. Instead, these things you or someone else doesn't know that is based on existing fact. For example, most people know who Raz (current Feral Heart server master) is, yes? What if someone didn't know who they were, played for four years, and was a moderator. You may say it's downright pathetic, but let's face it. Even simple things like that, people can tend to forget or just not know.  

As for myself, I've never had the experience of being put down for something I didn't know (except in high school by teachers). Instead, I'm usually the one enlightening people on certain topics they would like to know about. If I can give a reasonable or simple answer, I will. However, if I cannot, then I just cannot. I don't know everything and never will, that is a fact. In the meantime, I continue to learn what I want to learn and acquire knowledge that will help me in the future.

How about you? Ever had that moment or ever been put down for lack of knowledge on something?
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
Re: I Do Not Know Everything
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:12:40 pm »
Ahhhh. I know exactly what you're on about. It kinda makes me sad how quickly people are to snap to judgements and insult others based on something they don't know, y'know? Everyone has their own reasons for not knowing something such as simply not being interested in it enough to know, which we shouldn't judge for, especially since no one knows everything. ;v;
I've experienced it for myself but those sort of things don't tend to get to me that much so I just shrug it off, I just feel sorry for those who have experienced it and been seriously affected by it. Some people can really take it to extremes when someone doesn't know a certain thing.
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 03:44:55 pm »
Of course this has happened to me. My friends bother me about it all the time, but there isn't anything I can do about it!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:00:58 pm »
I know what you're on about Fox. This has happened to me before, I was in AI, and didn't know what the deal was with the Country RPs. Also, in real life a friend asked me about my opinions on cuss words. I didn't know what they were only because I didn't call them 'cuss words', I called them 'swear words' (this happened about 3 years ago). *sigh* Sometimes I don't understand why people can't be considerate about others.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
Well.......

In my VERY early FH days, I didn't know what Hetalia, or Creepy Pasta was.....

Long story short my ignorance got me in trouble.

It's kind of sad when people bash on you for not knowing about a certain thing that's obvious to them.

I mean..... Not everything is obvious to every single living breathing person on this planet, and not every single person knows of something's existence, if you catch my drift.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »
I know I have had that happen to me before. Yes, it is very annoying, and unfair to do toward fellow gamers of Feral Heart. I have also been judged like that on many other games, but that is for a complaint on some other time. People have told me how stupid I was for not knowing something, but then again there are people who refuse to tell you what is, and still call you stupid. They figure you will figure it out eventually so you can end their cycle of emotional bullying. I still find it quite wrong though, and would wish that silly nonsense would stop, and for other members just to help explain. Who cares how long you have been playing the game? You just didn't know or forgot. It is much more simple and polite to just inform the user who didn't not know or was unaware of something.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »
I know I have had that happen to me before. Yes, it is very annoying, and unfair to do toward fellow gamers of Feral Heart. I have also been judged like that on many other games, but that is for a complaint on some other time. People have told me how stupid I was for not knowing something, but then again there are people who refuse to tell you what is, and still call you stupid. They figure you will figure it out eventually so you can end their cycle of emotional bullying. I still find it quite wrong though, and would wish that silly nonsense would stop, and for other members just to help explain. Who cares how long you have been playing the game? You just didn't know or forgot. It is much more simple and polite to just inform the user who didn't not know or was unaware of something.

Ah yes, when I met ya I saw that ;0; Sad and annoying it is, I was a 1 year noobie then. I myself used to not know what Last Cave was, and was called dumb, a noob, and stupid. But of course I ignored them and asked for help. It's painful when people call you stupid for something your unsure of, most know of that front hand. It is more polite to help someone or explain to them nicely what it is then to bash em'.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 11:27:32 pm »

Ah yes, when I met ya I saw that ;0; Sad and annoying it is, I was a 1 year noobie then. I myself used to not know what Last Cave was, and was called dumb, a noob, and stupid. But of course I ignored them and asked for help. It's painful when people call you stupid for something your unsure of, most know of that front hand. It is more polite to help someone or explain to them nicely what it is then to bash em'.

~ Whisper
Thank you hun...you were my light around that time. You, Kopa, and Lone were my only lights around that time period.
*snuggles*

You know my old friend group history hun bun.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »
Ah yes. When I first joined, everyone was talking about Creepypasta/ Hetalia/ Charlie scene and I had not a clue what that was. I used to be left out in conversations because I didn't even know a thing, I'm not a big fan of that stuff. And I used to get mean comments like, "Wtf you dont know that stuff, you're stupid." And "You haven't got a life!" And I mean seriously, let people have their own likes and dislikes, because at the end of the day nobody knows //everything//.
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 02:48:51 pm »
As most of that was said before, it's mostly being judged that people find unfortunate. It is never fair to be looked down upon for something you don't know about, manly popular things. Then, another thing could be that some people simply do not have any interest in whatever it is that is well-known. For instance, poptarts, and I'll explain.

I have a very distant friend and we were having a conversation about food. For the moment, I brought up poptarts. From there, my friend asks me, "What's that?" At first, I was confused and almost took it as a joke. Instead, I found he was, indeed, serious. He had no ounce of a clue what a poptart was. Later, I spent the rest of the conversation explaining what a poptart was to him. I learned a good lesson that evening.

Ah yes. When I first joined, everyone was talking about Creepypasta/ Hetalia/ Charlie scene and I had not a clue what that was. I used to be left out in conversations because I didn't even know a thing, I'm not a big fan of that stuff. And I used to get mean comments like, "Wtf you dont know that stuff, you're stupid." And "You haven't got a life!" And I mean seriously, let people have their own likes and dislikes, because at the end of the day nobody knows //everything//.

Not everyone is going to know everything, that's a fact. All I would like for anyone to do is respect others. Respect their interests and what they know. If they would like to know about what you know, then share. If they don't, they just don't.     
Image © Mikita Kavalenka