Author Topic: Character Inspirations  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Character Inspirations
« on: February 21, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »
We all have our little original characters. But even our own, entirely self-made characters probably came from somewhere.
So... what are the inspirations for your characters?

As for myself, my characters are mostly based off of video game characters, but altered more like myself.
For example, Twist and Codon are based off of Maplestory characters (Claudine and Xenon)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Revulsion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Call me Eel.
    • View Profile
Re: Character Inspirations
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »
Ooo. Interesting topic.

Anime plays a huge role whenever I create a new character. I just. I'unno. Anime.

Ekel is based off of Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater.
Hexalyn is based off of Medusa Gorgon from Soul Eater.
And an old character of mine, Talon, was altered to somewhat resemble Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan.

One character was inspired by the movie Coraline, however. His name is Sixarba, a doll or puppet character. He calls himself the Puppet Master and has some interesting relationships with each character o' mine.

So ye. All contain bits of me as well.

In-game User: Revulsion

Offline .Ghostly.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • help me polarize
    • fzzysocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 06:26:30 pm »
I knew this would be made. I have some characters that are actually inspired.
Let's see.. I have Oliver Sykes (Lead singer of a band called Bring Me The Horizon)
I have Gerard Way (Once a singer of My Chemical Romance but is now a solo singer)
I have Way which is an inspired character of Gerard Way but a little different.
I have.. Hm.. I have Antivist which was inspired by a song by Bring Me The Horizon.
I have a character which is named Zero which was also inspired by a song from Gerard Way.
I have Thor as a canine. (I love Thor)
I'm sure I have more but this is all I could remember.

fry bread obsessed smol bean
Ingame user: .Ghostly.

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:16:40 pm »
My characters are originally based off animes that have supernatural powers and a lot of action, please not to mention gun fights. I love gun fights! Especially from the anime I'm watching now: Black Cat. A lot of action and mystery. xD I love these types of animes and it just inspires me to make a character that originates off it!

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 07:23:45 pm »
mmm. Good topic.
Well, I based Wolfie off of myself. other characters(such as my story characters... Keep your paws off) are either based off their real human self or parts of my personality ... or even both.
i really never got insiration for characters from tv shows. usually my own mind can thing somethin' up and dump it into a dream.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 07:51:59 pm »
Hmmmm...... Well, music is mainly my inspiration for most characters, it's either sort sorta pop music or something along the end of goth tunes.

It's either music, some sorta picture, of some part of me that I use.

Other than that, it's all spur of the moment.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

DreamerDay

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 10:27:16 pm »
Before my character came to thought I haven't really much of a creative mind. Before, I would look at people preset and was trying to figure how it can good-looking and well-known. But when I read this post about being yourself and using your mind, I then came to thought and thought Kingdom Heart, which is based on a video game that occurs with Disney characters. Immediately, I fell in love. Especially with Sora.

Currently, two other characters are being worked on by two kind users here. Then again, these characters are based on a video game that I love.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:11:44 am »
My inspiration for my characters is how I feel at the moment I make them. If I am happy I will make an adorable bubbly character. If I am hurt or in pain I will most likely create a very sinister character.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 06:53:09 am »
My character Jumping is actually heavily based on my Animal Jam avatar. One day, I dressed my avatar in an outfit I became so fond of that I made him/her one of my OCs. I even copied his/her colour palette and name! But Jumping isn't canon or anything, so he/she can still be considered an OC, yes?

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 02:52:48 am »
Ah yes.
As many may know, quite a few of my characters are very based on video game characters (well, Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 characters to be exact.)

If it wasn't obvious enough, my sona,  Jackdaw is heavily inspired by Edward Kenway from AC: Black Flag, in some of his personality, as well as a bit of his appearance.

Kelso, as I've stated before, is heavily based on Thomas Hickey, the Templar feom AC3. (;

So aye, it's easy to say my favorite video games influence my own characters for the most part.

However I do have one character, Canton, who is based on the famous Wild West outlaw, Billy the Kid.

I guess in summary, whenever I encounter a new obsession, be it a game or movie or era, a new character pops up that has aspects of a favorite personality from said obsession.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me