Author Topic: How Do I Make A Realistic Bio?  (Read 2183 times)

Offline XxHybridLegacyxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • We Can Always Rise From The Ashes
    • View Profile
How Do I Make A Realistic Bio?
« on: June 03, 2015, 05:05:56 pm »
Hey! :D Can anyone help me with a realistic, interesting bio? I know the basic 'Gender, species, age, name' stuff, but how could I make it just sort of pop out? I've seen so many amazing bios and I have, like

Name: 'Something'

and stuff of the sort. xD If you guys have any opinions, just let me know. :3
If Life Gives You Lemons...
Squeeze Them Into Life's Freaking Eyes! >:D

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: How Do I Make A Realistic Bio?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 05:22:30 pm »
Just list all the basics.

Kin, Age, Gender, Name, Species, Status, Personality, ect...

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »
As stated, you can include all the general information.
You can also throw in a couple things that are unique or interesting about your character, like their scent, their favorite things to do, any physical abnormalities, even their theme song or what their voice sounds like.
The options are limitless!
Have fun with it! It's all about expressing your creativity! (:
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:58:02 pm »
Add some details that would want the reader to read more. Write some thing that a reader who is very realisitc enjoy. Not only that, just have fun as you write. It's your character after all; your not here to please anyone.

Offline xanxiety

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I am fabulous, you are fabulous, shall we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:28:38 pm »
Just list the basics, some fun things you'd want the readers to know. Or if you mean design wise, I usually design mine like this:

[ M . I . N . T ]

Age|| 3.4 years 
But it can be however you want. :)
IF YOU ARE READING THIS, WE ARE NOW DATING.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 09:55:56 pm »
All great suggestions listed above me.

You can also throw in a taste of the character's back story. Give people an idea of the character's origins and attitude. Explain where they came from or how they became who they are now. Was their past a glorious one? Was there tragedy? Romance? Adventure? Just be creative and enjoy your character :) As you roleplay you build more story about the character so even if you don't know everything to write now you will eventually.

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »
I like to give my RP characters an interesting background, that unique to the character. Personally, I don't like the "parents and siblings are dead, alone etc..", just because you do not belong to a pride/pack/group doesn't mean you can't give your character a family (who may or may not be actual characters). Just felt like I had to say that because i remember I used to have all my characters be "alone" just because no one else would be them, but you can make them up too :) (lol, I sound like a crazy person, making up a family xD)
I think this got way too off topic.
So, In your characters BIO, put the general info like age, gender, species, etc. But also give them a personality, experiences, and a story behind their name.
haha, don't know if this helped much, I feel like it was more for me than you, but hope it helped anyway.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 11:11:59 pm »
I find a really good way to make your characters noticeable and make them pop is to have them be exotic species, not animals at all in the way of being sentient robots/Artificially Intelligent Computer Viruses/magic rocks/magic things or, if you aren't comfortable with tech, just do hybridized things or something. Then give them an interesting backstory mostly hinted at in the roleplay and only add it to the bio when something something as in "their secret is out."

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:30:19 am »
I find a really good way to make your characters noticeable and make them pop is to have them be exotic species, not animals at all in the way of being sentient robots/Artificially Intelligent Computer Viruses/magic rocks/magic things or, if you aren't comfortable with tech, just do hybridized things or something. Then give them an interesting backstory mostly hinted at in the roleplay and only add it to the bio when something something as in "their secret is out."
Agreed! I love when those creative folks out there make up really cool and interesting new species. I always find them so interesting and I always want to make one.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 03:32:37 am »
Before I go any further, I want to say that even though it may seem as though other players' bios are out of this world, your bio should be uniquely efficient for you. Sometimes people fill up their bios with lots of background and a bunch of in-depth stuff, which is great, but if that's not the type of bio that suits your needs, don't feel the need to succumb to popular bio types.

If you want to improve your character's biography, a great way is to, first, list the basics, the necessities- generally, things you want people to know immediately about the character. (I mean, that's kind of how real-life interaction works, right? You learn the simple things about someone, (age, gender) before you discover some of the deep things that make up a large portion of their background. (backstory, origins, fears, strengths, weaknesses, etc.) It's quite apt, actually, but nevermind that, I'm getting off-topic.)

If you want to go into further detail, like many of the generous people above have mentioned, try creating a backstory, or "story" for your character. Maybe list some of their darkest secrets (unless, of course, you want it to stay a secret) or something worth knowing about your character, or something very personal to their character. You could even record a theme song for your character. I could go on, and I could give you a few more examples, but I would be repeating many of the answers above.

Just try to get creative with it. Let your imagination run wild, and write what comes naturally.

Good luck!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.