Author Topic: RP Samples  (Read 1081 times)

Offline FranTheWaffle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
RP Samples
« on: September 04, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »
Ello, one thing that has been bothering me is RP samples, when I roleplay I don't want to feel like someone has a knife at my throat whenever i type and when I try to join a roleplay I don't want to be judged based on the fact that i didn't put an apostrophe on a letter, some people like me have a thing called dyslexia, it's a disorder, sometimes it gets really hard to type correctly!
Oh and another thing, not everyone lives in America and not everyone has an American keyboard! For example I live in Europe and my keyboard is diffrent, but FH thinks that my keyboard is american so if i want to put quotation marks it puts an apostrophe or something like that so I then have to go find where it actually is.
And also about apostrophes and stuff like that, it's not like if i write dont like that you won't be able to read it and whats the problem if its not there? You're not going to die.
Ok, I don't want this to be too long so i'll just stop here. What do you think about RP samples?

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Re: RP Samples
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 04:32:38 pm »
Most people ask for RP samples so they know what to expect in rp. For example, if everyone around you is using perfect grammar, punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc, it's better to be judged by one person rather than everyone around you. Though unlike a lot of people, when I require and ask for rp samples, I'll usually accept people who don't have that 100% perfect grammar that all the other elitist literate rps require. Which I agree, those types of people are very.. ah, well, not good. Though it is fair to ask for a role play sample if you want everyone to be on the same level and same page as everyone else. For example, if someone writes perfectly, no spelling, punctuation or capitalization errors and makes like 3-4 paragraphs per post, I think if you were to accept someone that writes a half to 1 paragraph and who has multiple spelling/capitalization/punctuation errors, they'd feel a little intimidated by those around them.
That's how I look at it, anyways. I'm always willing to accept people who make a few mistakes in their samples so I can help them improve overtime while they're in my role plays.

I hope all of this makes sense to other people and I didn't just confuse them with my rambling. xD

in-game: hooli

Echoing harmony

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »
That's the thing with me, I try avoiding those super literate groups because they like to have an ego or surperiority over everyone.
I myself am literate but not the type who goes with a crazy 200 paragraph post. Nor do I use big words in my post.
But still, people like this tick me off because they don't realize they are not better than you. Well anyway, I hope this gave you some info or whatever. Have a Lovely Day :)

There's plenty of topics about this, personally, my opinion still stands on RPS samples.
They aren't the greatest thing in the world but it's just really the group, if it's all wolfspeak, ect.
I lean towards the friendly groups rather than the super literate type of things. I try to avoid them the best I can and just stick to my idle roleplay, spelling mistakes yes, but very detailed and not wolfspeak.

Also, if you're curious about what wolfspeak is, take a look here dearie: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=32034.0
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:30:06 pm by RebelEcho »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »
There is already a thread about this subject, and it's pretty recent too. http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=42322.0

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:56 pm »
There are actually a couple other recent threads regarding roleplay samples that have already been created, and if you'd like to discuss this topic, you're free to do so there. Creating another thread about a topic that is freely being discussed in other recent posts can get a bit confusing, so it's best to keep things organized.

If you're interested in checking out the other threads, you can find them
here and here. I'll go ahead and lock this topic.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.