Author Topic: Legendary "Update?"  (Read 1613 times)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Legendary "Update?"
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:11:58 pm »
I feel like a hipster for not liking the fan-made Legendary update. I suppose it's a similar thing to the FH patch: It's not for everyone. I don't want to discourage anyone from downloading it or using it, but here's just what I thought about it.

Upon downloading it, and I'm scrolling through all the items, I'm find it quite difficult to find what I need. Dare I say that it's even more difficult to find what I need with this than 4.3. While yes, all the new subcategories some might find more helpful than digging through the unorganized mess of 4.3, I simply find that it throws me off. After literally years of knowing that all the neck items are after muzzle items due to the old way items were sorted, with everything suddenly being in the same place, it's now extremely difficult to find what you need. For me, I am very heavy on necklace items and I cannot find any of them; I can only find a plethora of head items. And let's just talk about the FH update for a moment. The FH update brought with it a slightly extended list of default items, those being commonly used items from Legendary at the very top, making them easier to access. Two types of antlers, both ear feather items, and a few other things. Now that these items are also filtered in with the rest of the items, these commonly used items are now harder to find than they've ever been in the history of items.

Now, I love that the bandanas have been recoloured! It's awesome, but it'll go to waste if the people who need them most are simply struggling to find them, or not finding them in the first place and giving up. An easier way to have gone about this would have been to simply tag the items on at the end, like with all Legendary updates. The FH update items would still be in place, no one would have item disconnect if they didn't have this, and we wouldn't have to get used to a new system of navigation with the items.

I understand that they were trying to make it easier for you and some others who found the old system confusing and difficult to navigate, but I personally just find it to be causing more problems than the single problem it was trying to solve. I find that this isn't something I'll be using, and re-downloading 4.3 so I don't have severe item disconnect. I'm sorry if I came off very negative or if it even came off as hateful, I'm just stating the problems I found with it.

Personally, I don't feel like this is a proper update to Legendary, merely an overhaul trying to fix things that really didn't need to be fixed. The FH update brought new blood to a game that was dying, changing it entirely while leaving all mechanics the same. The only new thing to learn was where the portals to the other worlds were. Same thing went for the other Legendary updates; the new items were tagged onto the end, and you just had to learn where these new items were in relation to the others, nothing was overly changed with what was already there aside from a few names and models being slightly changed.

I'll be opening the floor for what everyone else has to say! Is this something good, or does anyone else find it to be a bit more problematic than helpful?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:39:25 pm by narwalpanda54321 »

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary "Update?"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24:32 pm »
I haven't got the new item pack, but I can sort of see where you're coming from.
When I started playing FH around a few months ago, I saw that some people still hadn't updated their items. Then this new un official update came out and messed it all up again. Yes it brought new items, but it just seems a bit... Useless.
What you said about item placement I can sort of agree with, coming from someone who uses lots of items I can see the trouble that comes with this.

Great subject idea though.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:59 pm »
This is indeed a good topic, I'll be watching as I am very interested in knowing what you all think about it. =)
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 03:46:20 am »
I actually really like the new update to Legendary Items. In my opinion it was really well done and organized a lot nicer than 4.3. You may find that the only reason it throws you off is because you are used to the version 4.3 list order. I haven't looked through it all that much but I think the new items were a nice addition as well.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 04:12:19 am »
When i get the V5 items i'll swap out the 4.3 list to suit the situation.  For some people i'll use the 4.3 list, and for others i'll use the V5 list.  Might even make a list that has the default items listed first (So they display correctly) and has the others listed differently for my own use (not expecting others to see them anyway).
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 12:46:58 pm »
After downloading the Legendary Items Pack V5, I also found it a bit difficult to find everything needed. In some cases I believe, because I do not have the OCD others have; I would much prefer the 4.3 version, but yet do not want to feel left behind with updates to these things. For future updates, I think I would like to see the items listed in alphabetical order - no categories and subcategories, just alphabetical order or, even better, two separate categories that enlist the items better suited for the two models of FeralHeart. For example, the Bull Ring Silver/Gold do not fit the canine model whatsoever and some items are the same for the feline model, so I'd like to see a ==== Canine ====, a ==== Feline ====and finally possibly an ==== Other/Both ==== category to find the items that fit both models, and/or the items that fit only the canine and feline models with all of the items in alphabetical order.

To me, this would be perfect. To others however, this would really be bothersome and trigger some floof's OCD.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 08:19:50 pm »
Great ah topic, Narwhal but I can't agree or disagree with ye necessarily. Although I see quite a bit of people have stuck with V4.3 for their own specific reasons.

I stuck with 4.3 because of the different views around 5, and it is not official. I see some of the perks, and obviously the downsides but I think after reading all this I'll be sticking with 4.3 myself, as it's easier ^-^

Interesting topic, though! Thanks fer bringing this up.
not active here anymore ♡