Author Topic: Evil Characters?  (Read 18053 times)

Ritza

Evil Characters?
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:09:29 pm »
So I understand that we all enjoy the occasional evil character. But what do you guys think make these "evil" characters so popular with feral heart?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:47:11 pm by Ritzaloveforever »

slycan

Re: Evil Characters?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »
because it's kinda like trolling , cept you can't get banned for it ;3
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:12:02 am by Slycan »

Ritza

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:05:52 pm »
How do you think they are like trolls? I'm trying to entertain the idea of why there seems to be so many. "Rawr fear my evilness because I can kill a pancake" Characters that are running around at the moment. Help me out everyone. :3

Wudiin

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:09:52 am »
I think their sexy.... -shot-

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:28:45 am »
Because so-called "evil" characters are generally thought to be dark, mysterious, powerful beings that everyone should tremble in fear and awe of.  They're one of many cliches here in the FH community 8P
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:38:49 am »
I'm going to be brutally honest and say most of them are laughable, mostly because they're generally along the lines of "I AM FIREDEATH. I CAN KILL YOU IN ONE SHOT. DO NOT MAKE ME MAD. RRRR." or "DONT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT. I AM A DEMON AND WILL KILL YOU. GET OUT." and finally "MY PARENTS DIED IN A FIRE AND MY PACK HAS DED. SO I GOT ANGRY AND NOW I'M EVIL DON'T TOUCH ME OR YOU WILL DIE."

I don't think I've seen any decent evil characters at all O_o aside from my friend's and mine. (And when I say decent I mean not what I mentioned above).

Although it is fun to rp back at them and watch them run away because you don't bow down to them |DDD. This one time, some random threw a tantrum because Ren wouldn't accept the rabbit they caught and dumped infront of him. He got the "DONT DISOBEY ME. EAT THE RABBIT. I AM THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION." ordeal. Ren thought it was hilarious and kept laughing at them and they ended up cracking a hissy fit and running away because Ren couldn't take them seriously.

I think what Slycan means is that...you can be mean and cruel, however since it's strictly between characters/IC and not 'OOC' it's not ban-able because it's not you yourself speaking.

....I think evil characters are an odd, yet headachy way of venting. Back in the TEF days, I'd organise fights/get permission from others for Ren to uh "be Ren" against and it kind of felt like a digital stress ball XD; however I never did this often since Ren has a bad habit of wanting to kill others that make him angry >_>; which of course I can't do for obvious reasons.
Evil characters are appealling because they go against the norm and give off the "rebel" and "bad boy" vibes which most people seem to like.

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 03:56:32 am »
I'm going to be brutally honest and say most of them are laughable, mostly because they're generally along the lines of "I AM FIREDEATH. I CAN KILL YOU IN ONE SHOT. DO NOT MAKE ME MAD. RRRR." or "DONT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT. I AM A DEMON AND WILL KILL YOU. GET OUT." and finally "MY PARENTS DIED IN A FIRE AND MY PACK HAS DED. SO I GOT ANGRY AND NOW I'M EVIL DON'T TOUCH ME OR YOU WILL DIE."

I don't think I've seen any decent evil characters at all O_o aside from my friend's and mine. (And when I say decent I mean not what I mentioned above).

...Yes.  This.  Right here.
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Ritza

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 04:15:44 am »
Lulz I've seen those characters as well. They amuse me to some extent, but I always wonder what makes them so shiny. I guess I figured it out now. :/ Though I must admit a lot of the in game bios are like that, or they are "I am so evil I killed my entire family. Fear me and my pancake goddess of the pancakes." :/

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 04:47:02 am »
I think most users here have their heads wrapped around the..hmm...'Disney Villain' concept, where most are evil for...uh....8| oh there goes that train of thought.

Generally they only scratch the cliche evil surface.  But I guess this is mostly because they're newbies, they're probably not even 13 to 15 and don't go watching the Crime channel on TV to give them a sence of true evil beings (When I was that age I certainly wasn't XD).
But then again I don't think FeralHeart and it's audience are the right ones for the "proper" sociopathic,  psychopathic, truely twisted, etc "evil" characters.
I also will point out that I think even if someone was to have a proper nasty character, ironically no one would take them seriously either.
I had this happen to me when I had Ren wandering around, some random group found him, started calling him "lesbian" then "Gay", wouldn't leave him alone (I probably should have blocked them) so I thought "what the heck." And I made Ren reply IC. I'll just tell you that he is incredibly homophobic he hates them so much and he would kill any gay on site if given the chance. SO of course when I made Ren argue with them, they went from serious to trolling him and I made him walk away.
I'm never doing that again that's for sure.
(I'm not homophobic. I'm pointing this out because I hate it when people think I am just because Ren is :\ )

AND THEN OF COURSE there are the people who make sociopaths/psychopaths/say "I WILL NEVR FALL IN LUV." and do it all wrong when that character suddenly falls in love and magically turns good. |D that's a pet peeve of mine.

Ritza

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 04:51:57 am »
Heck Draak! My pet peeve as well! Dear goodness. Or I've always hated the characters that are cheetahs that go up against a pride of lions, or one thing against any group. Like "lookz atz mez!" And they charge in all golden boy hero esk, and all of a sudden their character kills everyone. (heavy gming & pping accomplishes this) And then they are the champion of the little fantastic world that's inside their head. :o