Author Topic: Evil Characters?  (Read 18056 times)

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Evil Characters?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 05:06:04 am »
*highfive* XDDDD. Those kinds of characters are literally all over TEF and it's so irritating and giant facepalmworthy.
Some users have even tried to get with Ren because they "thought they had something special" even when nothing remotely romantic has happened O_o. Then when I tell them "uh no." they get all offended |D.
It's annoying when people don't understand that your character is truely a jerk and will not under any circumstances suddenly become a  nice character.

I've seen users who think Hyenas are gods gift to animals and are totally unbeatable.

Twiliac

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 05:25:19 am »
Yikes, guys. Those peeps sound horrible :/.

I made my evil charr though she was/ish technically different over yahoo rps I do with my bf. (Yes, I know, long distance relationship xD.)

Being an anthro wolfen lust goddess. (Not going into detail, so don't ask.)

On here, shes a demonic feline.

I suppose I just got bored of all my goody-two-shoes or those that are constantly running around. "Hey this is boring, screw it."

So I changed her personality from what it was over yahoo, and la-la after making the charry with a black/dark grey pelt and scar markings. I had what I wanted, put in her bio and presto. I had my evil charry.

It's fun going around attacking prides/packs/clans, in Ic of course, generally make some friends here and there :3. In fact I joined a pride with a different charry I attacked about three or so days ago.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 06:12:11 am »
With evil characters comes conflict, and with conflict comes interesting RP.

Of course, they have to be properly thought out first.

Twiliac

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 06:17:04 am »
Lol, Pretty much what happened to me xD.

I wanted to be different, so I decided to actually do something about it. It was fun :3.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:44 am »
Sadly yeah, and I agree drama/conflict = interesting.

My troubled or darker characters do seem to get into more interesting situations compared to my good ones. Of course interesting doesn't always mean good, and sometimes it is frustrating but eh, that's just what happens with those kinds of characters I suppose.

With my 'evil' characters and strangers I generally tone them down a bit. The only time they won't be is if the other person/player fully understands what they're up against so I don't end up in strife.

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »
My dark char is only based  on my evil qualities. So she's like my dark version of my fursona (hence the name, Dark Robin). -but I don't resort to powerplay like some who do have evil chars.

-A pet peeve of mines is when some people don't read bios and assume your character is the opposing gender. How hard could it be to click the character/user name and click bio (unless you have a laptop, which has a poor excuse of a mouse).

Ayyy~

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 05:01:06 am »
this reminds me i dont get why people think if they make there character all black and covered in red scars they suddenly have the strongest character out there XD. I was in a rp once and i got chosen as beta male over a wolf like that and when he said whyd u pick him i look allot stronger i said this

"Your character is covered in scars which means it sucks at dodging XD"
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Ritza

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 02:23:54 pm »
I don't think looks can be the deciding factor in how "strong" your character is. How "strong" your character is, is based on the age of the character, and how well the owner role plays that character & species. And characters covered in scars?

That doesn't mean they suck at dodging. That means they have been in a lot of fights. I expect a male lion that is six to have a lot of scars. Depending on the area that he lives in, and how many prides and coalition prides are around his own. He should have a lot more scars than a male that is two and just chilling in the pride. Lol.

Scars can show extreme battle experience, or they can show a life time of losing. Some animals just are really bad at fighting. :D

But maybe that's just my take on scars.

Evil characters are now neutral to me, used to not like them before this thread started. But you guys have been a major help :D

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 02:36:16 pm »
XD Evil characters can be "good" when done right lolpuns
It's the cliche'd evil hugely overpowered characters that get made (not just by newbies either). I think that can put people off liking evil characters. The ones that make you go "Ugh :\" Those are the bad ones.

Offline Bad Luck

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sifaris
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 02:51:40 pm »
I'll never be able to fully understand "evil" characters. I did think that they were awesomeanduniqueandsuparkewl back when I was new to the whole roleplaying environment, but now they just irritate me. Every time I see something "evil" in a game (the group that I moderate and my friends' characters included), one of two songs will pop into my head: Evil Joe, or Darkness.

Drama and conflict was interesting for a while, but eventually, I noticed how repetitive it is. I'm already wasting my time by sitting on the computer; I may as well try to add some form of thought to what I roleplay (Meaning: Not repeating the habit of making it all about war/love/drama). At a certain point, war/love/raeg/rape plots simply became unappealing and equally as dull as a plot where everyone stands around and talks a lot.

It's kind of strange how everything has to be EVIL AND DARKNESS for it to be interesting to the mass. RP characters aren't real; therefore, there's no real reason for anyone to be defending how strong and superawesome their character is. It happens too often. "HAHA YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME I AM A DEMON!" "Oh yeah?! Well I'm a VAMPIRE!" "HAH you are both inferior, as I am a DEMONIC VAMPIRE!"

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:53:49 pm by Bad Luck »