Author Topic: Objects not coming into Map Maker  (Read 926 times)

Offline Infernape

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Pfffbbbtttt.
    • View Profile
Objects not coming into Map Maker
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:49:04 am »
So, currently working on this new map. I'm having quite a few different problems, however.

1) Map Maker crashes often and at random times. I'll just be sitting there working on a map and then it'll freeze and crash. I don't know if there's any solution for this problem, but it's not that important.

2) The most IMPORTANT thing I'm having issues with is objects in map maker. They show up, yes. But recently now I am unable to place new objects into the map even though I have some on the map already. I'll open map maker, go to the objects tab, pick my object, click the 'new object' button...and nothing happens.

So, if anyone could help (particularly with #2) I'd greatly appreciate it.
Preset in avatar done by myself.

"If all the world's a stage...then who's the props manager?"

Offline CloudFeesh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Objects not coming into Map Maker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »
1) Can occur from having too many meshes, particles, collisions, etc in the map and your computer can't handle it. When idle, watch where you've got your screen aimed, as staring up at the sky or at the bulk of meshes can sometimes cause it to shut down. I've too been having this problem lately, especially when I start getting mesh heavy.

2) Is this happening all the time? Or is it just some times occurring when you open it up? Remember you have to be physically on the map, in it's area, to be able to place an item. If you're hanging off the side, it won't work. Are these objects you already have on the map? Or are they ones you have yet to try? It could be a map problem, with the one you currently have. Try placing the objects into a fresh default map. I'll probably double-post a link, if I find any help to this by searching the forum.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:33:10 pm »
Also make sure the Files are not locked from writing on them oo

Offline Infernape

• Curious Wanderer
  • Pfffbbbtttt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »
Thank you very much, Cloud! I didn't realize that I was hanging off the edge, haha. That would surely explain why that was happening.

And I'll just have to be careful where I keep the camera aimed, then.
Preset in avatar done by myself.

"If all the world's a stage...then who's the props manager?"