Author Topic: New Species on FH? What do you think?  (Read 2359 times)

Offline SakuShiroyan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • ~Follow Your Instincts~
    • View Profile
New Species on FH? What do you think?
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:00:22 am »
Hello everybody! how are you guys?
Well, I created this topic for one question I was thinking about....

What do you think if FH add more species to choose?
I mean, FH is always knew by the canine and feline species but.... I saw that a few of people makes characters who doesn't are feline or canine. I saw stallions and birds and bats. So... would you like if FH add more species? Like Horses, Reptiles and birds? Is it possible?

Let me know your opinions!

~Saku~
..::Fearless::..

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: New Species on FH? What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:34 am »
I know it is possibel to override the current models with new ones. A while ago I saw progress of
a domestic house cat and bird model. But of course they;d have to replace the current. As for species, if it were possible, I'd like
to see equine and bird models as well as dragon. The most popular, you know.

dollzie

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:27:44 am »
prepare to be bombarded with the routine "it's impossible to do that because we don't have the source code" replies, btw.

i'll be the boring one and say i probably wouldn't want any new species... rather see more advanced customization options added for the existing ones, so that people have an easier time making characters who aren't of the two default species. i think adding another species to the game would just... clash with the theme a bit. like, adding any kind of herbivore would seem out of place, and any other carnivorous creatures can be made fairly easily with a little patience.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:02:04 am »
Personally I'd loooove to see a deer model. Not anymore deer games that I know of (besides Endless Forest) and it would be great to have deer in FH...

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:41:23 am »
it's impossible to do that because we

jk
i agree with dolzie. i would want advanced customization more than a new species. i think people would still stick to the canine and feline models. for example animal jam introduces new animals like once every few months and it gets popular for like a week and then people go back to using their wolf characters. it's just a waste of time.

but if i had to pick a new animal, i would like a mustelid (ferret, badger, weasel, etc).

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:32:06 am »
If it were possible, I'd kinda like to see a bird model. Or maybe a bear or hyena model which would fit better with the canine/felines.

I guess if we ever got to the point where all new models could be put in, there's a lot of additions I'd want to see before an entire new player model... a new model would be cool, but it'd also mean having to redo animations, markings, items, etc. which might be a bit of a hassle.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Siarczek

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Friendly Neighborhood Environmental Scientist
    • siarczek
    • siarczek-art
    • siarczki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 04:11:30 am »
If it were possible, I'd honestly just want FH to stick to the carnivoran mammal theme. I'd love to see a bear, hyena, and mustelid model, as well as a proper small cat model (since the current feline model is clearly intended for big cats).

OCs | Art | [url=https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62880.n

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 05:06:59 am »
oh this is interesting.
If I were to pick a model, I'd like an Equine (Yes I know that dawn of eternity has equines, but there's an age restriction because people think that I'm gonna die though I know better.) And I'd also love a housecat model, because It's sort of hard to make cats look like actual cats on this game, (the big paws are what's affecting it the most for me)

Offline SakuShiroyan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • ~Follow Your Instincts~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:21:31 am »
I've read all the replies and Yes, I agree with all of you in part. Maybe it would be popular for a week, maybe not, who knows? I would like the raptors model and the mustelid model.
Yes, maybe it would be lazy about the markings and thos stuff but I still think it would be cool.
And yes, maybe with the lot of additions we can make anothers species using the canine or feline, but I still think it would be cool new species model xD maybe only carnivore as a raptor, bear, hyena, or a very cool dragon. I would love to have a dragon specie xD

Thanks all of you for reply me the topic!

PD: i didn't know about the existence of Dawn of eternity. :O

~Saku~
..::Fearless::..

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 08:21:30 pm »
Moving this over to the game ideas/opinions board

Yeah new species would be wonderful, would add a new spark to the game
Farewell everyone<3