Author Topic: Where Are The Character Animation Files?  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Where Are The Character Animation Files?
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:47 am »
Don't ask me why I'm wondering.

Where are the character animation files stored? I can't seem to find them in the game files, so I assume they're stored on the server? I'm not talking about emotes. I'm talking about the actual game model animations, such as when your character runs or sits.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:27:08 am by Alphabet »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are The Character Animation Files?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:32:11 am »
I believe the animation files are called .skeleton files, just like the ones used in Impressive Title. They can be located in the Feralheart >> Media >> Models folder.

Honestly I know little of importing animation-or .skeleton- files but if you wish to edit them you will need an Ogre importer/exporter for the program you use.

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 09:03:58 am »
Oh yes, I've found myself a converter and an importer/exporter. Haha. That's exactly why I'm asking. I'm actually not sure that the animations would be stored in the .skeleton file, but I can check. As far as I know, the .skeleton file is only the armature. I could be wrong.

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:32:42 am »
For what Ingredient explained, seems as though it's the only way to do so. For what I believe, with my knowledge of 3D 'object' animating, the .skeleton is a compressed 3D Blender file which contains all of what the model does in game, like just the actually inside skeleton. 'Connected pillars/bones that perform the animation'(just as you said, armature). However, I presume it can only be opened in a certain earlier version of Blender. I cannot be precise about that since I've only heard slight twaddle about version 2.4 - perhaps that'd be it, but I do not like to exceed a conflict about misleading information. If you like to do it correctly with the actual model in-game, I THINK you have to open the .mesh file with it. Ex: cbody1.mesh (which is packed over the skeleton) + cbody.skeleton.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I try my best. Hope it helps.
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »
As far as I looked, I believe the actual code files that make up the animations are encrypted and hid in the server, so you can't take them. Although you can mess with the stationary models in the game like the people said above.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »
I've already opened the .mesh and .skeleton files in Blender before I made this thread. But I'm having troubles finding the animations inside the game files and as well as in Blender. Then again, I'm looking up how to animate an armature because I haven't really done that before. I've only gotten as far as rigging with my own models. So technically, I don't even know where to look to find the animation in Blender. Would it be the Timeline?