Author Topic: Oh Feralheart >n<  (Read 2749 times)

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • tfw you're gender neutral
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
Oh Feralheart >n<
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:39:34 pm »
Alright I'm starting to get a little irritated. In the past I have created a topic about this but it got drowned by other posts.
My problem is simple, FeralHeart won't load. Like at all.
I'm on a mac, and I know about the whole restart redownload .etc..
I have tried EVERYTHING and it still won't work. I have redownloaded it about 6 times. I have restarted my computer, oh god knows how many times. I have tried absolutely every tip, trick, and guide out there. I got maps to make, things I gotta return to. Feralheart just won't load.
I click it on it, the icon comes up, then it closes itself. Hoping I'm not the only one with this problem!
I'm to bored to make a formal and proper signature.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Oh Feralheart >n<
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 04:44:02 pm »
I actually had this problem, and couldn't find a solution myself.

My MAC is currently out of commission, but I would also like an explanation for this issue, as it has irked me as well.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 07:09:18 pm »
Hello there Maxamillion, I am very experienced with using Feral Heart on a Mac and have been very successful in keeping it running smooth for years. I am a little rusty about this because i haven't been on in a while, but i'll try my best to remember what I used to do.

Your problems could be either of these:

Option 1- VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL MAC USERS!
DO NOT place your Feral Heart folder or icon on your desktop or doc. Not sure why your mac will not allow you to play if it is visible, but you can't. Instead, create a folder on your desktop and place all feral heart related things in there as well as the main folder with the icon (actual game).

Option 2- WINE
You may need to install WINE (if you have not done so already). It should tell you that yours need to download it when you install FH, but if it does not you could google it.

Option 3- too many downloads
You may have downloaded too many FH's. Press the search bar and search "feral Heart" and move everything (except for any maps, presets, etc.. that you would like to keep) to the trash. Also you may need to delete WINE and re-intall.  Then re-download FH and WINE.

Option 4- Your computer is blocking it
Go to your system preferences, security and privacy, general, at the bottom there should be options that say: "allow apps downloaded from:
- Mac App store
- Mac App store and identified
- Anywhere"
Make sure "anywhere" is pressed so your mac knows that you can use FH.

Hope these help. Little rusty so I'm not sure if this is everything, but it should help. :)
- Shay
pm for free art i need practice

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:18:42 pm »
I did all 4 of these. None of it worked. I'm thinking I just need a new computer, but I don't know when that will happen. I even restarted my computer after each step. Still, the same thing happened.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »
If everything Shay has suggested hasn't worked I truly am unsure as to what the problem may be. I only started using a mac for Feral Heart work recently and haven't encountered this issue. I thought of the same things Shay stated but seeing as she has already suggested this to you perhaps you can try installing FH on a usb from a pc that actually allows you to install it and then try transferring it over to your Mac.

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 04:29:34 pm »

My MAC is currently out of commission, but I would also like an explanation for this issue, as it has irked me as well.
Yes, sadly you may need a new Mac. This happened to me a few years ago (unfortunately) I don't remember how I fixed it but I did end up having to get a new one, I think my hard drive died or something. You may have downloaded a virus or something, I believe that was my problem. Sorry to hear its still not working.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »

Yes, sadly you may need a new Mac. This happened to me a few years ago (unfortunately) I don't remember how I fixed it but I did end up having to get a new one, I think my hard drive died or something. You may have downloaded a virus or something, I believe that was my problem. Sorry to hear its still not working.

As a third Mac user, I can agree to this. Mostly it's the block system, other times I just have to redownload it. In your case, it mostly likely seems you have to either update your Mac (to Yosemite if you haven't) or look online as to why it doesn't allow an Orge game to open, if you haven't done THAT (I'm sure you did but just in case). Other than that better follow what Shay says or what's best for your Mac.
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 01:07:38 am »
Have you looked at this yet? Not sure which version of MAC your using(I use windows c:) but if your running OS X this may help(or other versions.) Other than that i'll do some sniffing for a solution round here.

Best bet tho is that WINE is acting up or your computer needs an update(graphics cards can cause applications not to open as well, check on them drivers.)

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline GalaxyBunny

• Curious Wanderer
    • etchandenzi
    • galaxybunnyask
    • VeryMuchAnEgg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 09:05:13 pm »

As a third Mac user, I can agree to this. Mostly it's the block system, other times I just have to redownload it. In your case, it mostly likely seems you have to either update your Mac (to Yosemite if you haven't) or look online as to why it doesn't allow an Orge game to open, if you haven't done THAT (I'm sure you did but just in case). Other than that better follow what Shay says or what's best for your Mac.

Ya know I never thought of updating the computer itself. Maybe I have and just forgot, but I'm going to try that. Though if it just doesn't, Im hoping for a new computer.