Author Topic: Shock.  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
Shock.
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
I just took a bath with my pet cockatiel because of self harm which was making her body around it bloody (I do this every two days) I didn't want it to look worse than it was and make her uncomfortable. We thought it was that, but it has a harsher reason. I noticed (when she was wet) by finally having the guts to move the wing and find out if there was anything that I could do to bandage up the wound, even though it would cause her pain. There is yellowness around it and a tumor-ish shape. Not as much mobility in it and she has been biting at it for months. We think it might be cancerous. We are poor and there is nothing we can do about it except put her to sleep soon if it can be checked beforehand for cancer (which it probably is..).

Where it is, is the wing joint close to where she folds it..

She's about seven/eight years old. I've had her a good few years but I expected to be going with her and my cat to college..

I'm going to sign off for a few good weeks or days. I don't know. I'm so frustrated in myself for not noticing it sooner and lessing her pain faster. This was a shocker.

Bye.
In-game Username: Kalaban

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Shock.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:11:30 am »
So sorry to hear about that. Well, maybe it won't be anything dangerous like that. We can only hope. Until then, try to keep your head up. It's hard I know, but she needs you to bbe strong for her. ^^

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 12:14:19 am »
I am so sorry about your dog. I hope she will be ok. Anyways take all the breaks you need. I know it can be tough.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:45 am »
I'm very sorry to hear about your pet, Kalaban. I truly hope that she will gain recovery, but I definitely understand your reasons for leaving for a while. Our pets are very dear and important to us, so take all the time you need to make sure that she's comfortable. Good luck, and our hearts are with you and your pet.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 03:51:32 am »
Aw it's always hard times when things like this happen.. My thoughts and good will go to you and your bird, I hope you can both get through it okay. Chin up and stay positive, we hope to see you back soon and with good news in tow<3

You are amazing <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 03:56:47 am »
Oh my..... :(

I'm am so sorry. I know how painful this kind of thing can be as I have had my fair share of beloved pets who have gone through things.

-sends hugs-

Don't worry we understand if you need time away. Be sure to enjoy your sweet little bird every bit while you have her. Show her nothing but all your love these next few days. I'm sure that she knows you love her a lot and she is grateful to have you in her life.

If she must be put to rest I pray that she will pass on easy and surrounded by her loved ones. Best wishes to her and your family.

Pets are family. They are indeed very special. I'm sorry that you have to deal with such a terrible thing. We wish you the best here. I know it's hard to find comfort in times like this but know we are here for you. Take care friend.

Offline DraconiaHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm a lover not a fighter
    • Draconia-Heart
    • freya-amoura
    • View Profile
    • Commission Site
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 06:45:31 am »
I just took a bath with my pet cockatiel because of self harm which was making her body around it bloody (I do this every two days) I didn't want it to look worse than it was and make her uncomfortable. We thought it was that, but it has a harsher reason. I noticed (when she was wet) by finally having the guts to move the wing and find out if there was anything that I could do to bandage up the wound, even though it would cause her pain. There is yellowness around it and a tumor-ish shape. Not as much mobility in it and she has been biting at it for months. We think it might be cancerous. We are poor and there is nothing we can do about it except put her to sleep soon if it can be checked beforehand for cancer (which it probably is..).

Where it is, is the wing joint close to where she folds it..

She's about seven/eight years old. I've had her a good few years but I expected to be going with her and my cat to college..

I'm going to sign off for a few good weeks or days. I don't know. I'm so frustrated in myself for not noticing it sooner and lessing her pain faster. This was a shocker.

Bye.

Oh my...
Honestly this is such saddening news to hear...
Though I know exactly how you feel since my own cockatoo we once had was having issues under his wing. In fact we found out he had a large gash under his wing when we bought him from an elderly woman. He was in bad shape, and we did everything we could have done to help him until finally we had to look for a more well off home. We could not afford his vet bills to get him 100% checked out so an older woman who retired from being a vet nurse came, and took him off our hands since she wanted a sweet companion. We told her of his condition, and as soon as they made it to her house they went to the vet for birds, and found he had an infection in his bones.

So thank goodness she had the money to get him all fixed up, and he's so much happier and more talkative with her. Sadly though your case does still have its difference, and I am so sorry this is happening to you, and your sweet bird. If there is anything I can do I would love to try to help you out. Though for now I just hope you do well while you are away, and know everyone here is always going to be here to welcome you back, and give you comfort.

Username: Draconiaheart

Siggy: Deerlynngs

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 06:46:45 am »
Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear about y'er cockatiel. Pets are apart of the family just as much as blood relatives are, so I know it must be tough to go through. I'll be praying f'er y'er bird and I hope the poor thing gets better and that they don't 'ave cancer. If they do, I send m'love and condolences and wish ye the best. So sorry, once again, that y'er 'aving to go through this. D:

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 09:05:01 am »
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your current situation, floof. It's going to be a major struggle for you, and there's sadly no way to escape that fact. But if you need any help getting through with it (due to the experience I have with loss) then I can try my best to give all my advice. Should/when you decide to return, FeralHeart will be here to welcome you back with open arms and comforting huggles.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡