Author Topic: Wolfspeak  (Read 8086 times)

Offline Afrus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bean
    • View Profile
Wolfspeak
« on: March 18, 2016, 09:27:25 pm »

Cosmic-Wolf

Re: Wolfspeak
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:43:19 am »
It scares me. I don't even understand how anyone could remember all of that, and then keep using it....I don't even try to understand any of it.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:53:14 am »
I think it's completely unnecessary and stupid.
It doesnt make you mature.
I personally can't stand it, really

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 01:10:49 am »
I don't like wolfspeak. It makes it so hard to understand what everyone is trying to communicate. I feel like it's a reason for why I became inactive in game. At one point, every time I wanted to join a role play, people just roleplayed like that.

When it comes to roleplaying, I personally don't care about whether someone's response is "fancy" or not. I say fancy because it seems like that's how some roleplayers view wolfspeak, but as long as my roleplaying buddies respond with decent and relevant reactions and we understand each other, then it's all good by me. I feel like roleplaying is more about creating an engaging story line and having fun with it rather than focusing on the grammar, the spelling and whether you're using big words and what not, which I think takes away the fun from the whole experience and unfortunately, that's what a lot of people focus on in roleplays.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 02:18:25 am »
I honestly dislike Wolfspeak.

To me, it's just people going like this:
"The feminine lupus scanned the area with her blood red optics, banner swishing to and fro."
I can't do anymore cause it mentally hurts me, but that's most of what they say.

Wolfspeak, to me, is people saying very different, confusing words that don't mean what they think they mean. It hurts my brain to read, cause I'm mostly like "What do words mean what is this I don't understand what" whenever I see a Wolfspeaker.

So yeah, I dislike Wolfspeak.

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:22:35 am »
I actually don't know any "wolfspeak"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:50:58 am by Rostova »

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 02:42:20 am »
I personally don't like it, but I can sorta(?) understand why some people prefer it in roleplays, nor do I have anything against those who use it (unless they use it as an excuse to bully others of course).

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 02:46:04 am »
Moving this to the Game Discussion board since your topic is still fairly FH-related.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Preach

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 02:52:47 am »
Wolfspeakers...never heard of them. It took me awhile to fully understand what wrongs they've done, and to be honest, it kinda sounds like users who doesn't have a good sense of grammar or take roleplaying seriously. I wouldn't want to experience theses users but if I do, I would most avoid them.

Wolfspeak sounds like, to me, words that a wolf would speak. XD

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 06:03:55 am »
I personally dislike Wolfspeak, however because those who rp with me may find a very little amount of phrases that can be considered Wolfspeak in my own posts, I have nothing against those who enjoy and use these terms.

I was first introduced to Wolfspeak through a game called WolfQuest, which had a multiplayer version where a total of 5 players could come together in a server and do whatever they wanted, however roleplaying was the most popular. In the chat box, there was a chat that would replace a word that was spelt wrong, or a word you may have used in the post that wasn't apart of the game's dictionary with a ? after hitting enter, forcing the player to edit their post before it would be shown in the chat. This resulted in a lot of players having to turn to Wolfspeak, which was surprisingly apart of this dictionary. Now that I play FeralHeart however, that does not require this confusing and butchering language to be apart of the post, I really find it irritating.

Many people look at a post filled with Wolfspeak terms and have no clue nor could imagine what the words mean, and this causes a delaying within a Roleplay. Not to mention that most Wolfspeak terms have a definition that has no relation to the word the player is trying to replace the common term for, and is made up of butchered Latin, which ends up having no definition.

I know many who use Wolfspeak however find that it makes their posts creative, unique, which may be true. However no matter, I find it silly.