Author Topic: Mass Markings confusion??  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Hjordis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Mass Markings confusion??
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:33:15 am »
Hi all. :)

So I finally downloaded Mass Markings the other day (Aug 22). I thought I did everything right, followed multiple tutorials and guides. I thought it was working perfectly, the markings are all appearing in-game and everything.

But it wasn't until I saw a movie someone made yesterday with me in it, that I noticed they saw me with different markings to what I have? In the movie I had spots, when on my game I had the 'drippingwet' marking. And earlier today someone mentioned my spots, on a character which also had the drippingwet marking.
Which makes me think my markings are in the wrong order?

Also, a lot of people are still 'marshmellows' to me. I thought that was just because they have presets but it's doing it for some of the mass markings as well, which I should be able to see?
I'm a bit confused.

How do I go about correcting this problem? I thought I could just delete the mass markings and try again, but they're all muddled up with the original files...

Thanks x
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:35:02 am by Shanz »

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Markings confusion??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:05:41 am »

When people don't have extra Markings downloaded you will appear to them as marshmallows.

As for the spot-drippingwet Marking confusion I will try to explain:

-A is using Cub Spots and it's the 3rd marking

-B is using Siamese and it's the 3rd marking also

In A's computer, B appears as he is using Cub Spots though B is meant to use Siamese

In B's computer, A appears as he is using Siamese, though A is meant to use Cub Spots

It appears in the wrong order. When markings have the wrong order they will appear like the order that people have in their game.

I really don't know how to explain this but if you want me to explain better I can try.

In-game name as: Whinp

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:32 pm »
Redownload the markings from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?d8rp5m6pic93223 (I reuploaded this one.) Apparently either your download had the markings in the wrong order in the .cfg file, or you didn't click "replace" when you moved the markings into Feralheart/media/Textures.
Also, a lot of people are still 'marshmellows' to me. I thought that was just because they have presets but it's doing it for some of the mass markings as well, which I should be able to see?
When people wear presets, you won't see a marshmallow- You'll just see normal markings as if nothing was different. The only way I think this could be happening is because when you moved the markings to the "textures" folder located in C:/Feralheart/media/textures you didn't click replace so you just have doubles in there, however, I am not 100% sure. 

Offline lite

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
this is wired too, I downloaded aug 22 mass markings and when I went on FH no aug 22 markings where there just normal markings. Then I went on AGAIN and i had NO MARKINGS! all the markings where like marshmallow white.
so the markings that i put on are JUST ALL WHITE!?!?? and so Im like all white and then every person I see with markings on, are ALL WHITE!! so plz plz plz tell me whats wrong or that I downloaded it wrong.
thx. My FH use is Lite.