Author Topic: Insignificant?  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Insignificant?
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:55 am »
I occasionally scroll over the forums, but I always feel 'nerdy' about posting to say, a help topic, or anything like that, because there are always these 'Elder' And 'Dedicated' members answering. I feel since I'm a 'Newbie' to the forums, no one will pay attention to my posts. I would also like to know how you move up in rank on the forums, if that could be included.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Insignificant?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:49:01 am »
To have higher ranks, you need to post more ^^
just so you know..

Newbie                          *           0
Jr. Member                    *           25
Sr. Member                    **          50
Experienced Member       **         100
Dedicated Member          ***        250
Full Member                    ***       500
Elder Member                 ****      1000
Elite Member                  ****      1500
Hero Member                 *****      2500
Legendary Member         *****      4000
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:50:49 am by Shenidan »

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:15:32 am »
I assure ye' fellow floof that any member who provides necessary, thoughtful, and helpful feedback will not be neglected or set aside. If one is generous enough to provide aid in the help threads, thoughtful advise in the discussion threads, or even kind comments regardin' one's artwork or self-made mod, that action itself is rather appreciate greatly within this community. Besides, the whole Newbie, Sr. Member, Legendary Member, etc. is nothin' more than a title. It doesn't mean that those with a higher post count is more important, it just means she/he has participated in the forums more frequent than others. There's no need to feel intimidated.
gone

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:43:07 am »
I get a little bit excited when I rank-up, but mostly I just come here for knowledge and le arts. c:

Honestly, and personally, I think the post-count thing is a bit much, as it can make 'lesser' members feel inadequate and inferior. Yes yes, I know that we are all equal, and those with higher ranks got them by hard work and whatnot, but it's a fact that it can make a few feel bad. Not starting an argument, simple facts. c:

On the upside, it pushes members to have a go at the forums, maybe share some creativity and might be the reason that some of our most helpful members are here.

Both sides of the argument, but it really shouldn't be something to worry about. It is, after all, a mere game and not something anxiety-worthy. c:

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »
Being new to the forums is nothing to be ashamed of, Shadowtooth. c: All of the "elder," "dedicated" etc. members all hard to start somewhere, and that just begins with posting your thoughts, or trying to be helpful.

Kinda like when I first got onto the forums, it did feel a little.. Odd, I suppose, when I first started going through posts and answering to them, but believe me when I say, people really do appreciate your posts, especially the thread-starters. Some people may be inclined to scroll through dozens of pages of replies at times (especially on news threads, etc.), but that doesn't make your thoughts insignificant. That's just how forums work, and many people will read your replies (no matter how new you are), while some may scroll along past it, like anything you'd find online.

So there's no need to worry about what your post count is, how long you've been on the forum, or any of these things, when it comes to posting. Our forums are welcome to all. If you post your thoughts and add thoughtful insight and understanding to each conversation, it makes our forum that much better and more enjoyable to be in.

So don't fret over any of that. We'd love to see what you have to say as you look around and get to know the community through the forum. Overall, it really makes the game a much better experience through this, and it would be wonderful for you to partake in that, as well.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:24 pm »
Insignificant? Nonsense!

Just because you're a "Newbie" here on the forum, it doesn't make you insignificant. Like the others have said before me, it's really not important as to what rank you are. The only thing that really matters is that you enjoy your time here on the forum interacting with all the other forum dwellers. All the higher ranking members have been on the forum longer and have had more time to post and earn higher ranks with their post counts.

So don't feel left out because you're newer. We would love to see what threads you have to post.
Inactive

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:03 pm »
Don't lower yourself cause of a forum ranking. If you have the answer to a problem say it loud and proud. We all literately have to start from somewhere, we don't come onto the FH forums as elders or dedicated members from the start. I remember when wittle Whitey up there was on newb ranking and now shes a much higher one now.
no one will pay attention to my posts.
If you have a valid answer, then you should get recognized for it. If you know a answer don't be shy into saying it. I highly encourage you if you know a answer to something please by all means post it. We would love to hear your thoughts and input in any type of thread we have to offer.
Also, when posting make sure its with good reason for threads. Such as the Game-Forum section here dosn't count as forum post.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline FrostNight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Elon Musk pls return my calls uwu
    • iFrostNight
    • Frost Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 09:04:01 pm »
Ohh I know the feeling xD
I've been on this game for multiple years but I just started using forums.. and I feel like the underdog again. So lol you and me both pall. :)

Offline _nightingale_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • I'm back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 10:11:53 pm »
Oh trust me I still feel that way lol, but the people here are not as mean as you might think, though there are always those kind of people out there. You just have to make friends and get around on FH or on the forums more often, and eventually everyone gets to know you :) Then this feeling will go away; not like anyone should ever ignore you, because I certainly wouldn't ignore you!

I kinda rambled there, to summarize : I mean that no they won't ignore you, and go out and meet some friends to help :)

Hope I made sense XD

My art page : gerce.deviantart.com

Offline DivineHeroine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:19 pm »