Author Topic: Presets...  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Presets...
« on: March 10, 2017, 03:29:43 pm »
Alright so I'm a little new to this... New preset thing.
So I've made a few presets now (Usually I like to sell them)
But after I've reinstalled the game (Due to new PC) I created a preset in preset_3 Folder... Never changed anything... Diddle daddle did the usual.

Then I simply exported it... Seeing it wouldn't show up in the create a character page as you login I figured I had to upload it here... So I went to the user panel and I uploaded the preset from the exported presets folder... (Idk if that was right) And still nothing showed up on the create a character page.

Am I supposed to upload the exported preset file or the actual "Preset_3 Folder" ?

Also no... I did not download the new presetsync, cause my internet is currently limited.
Does that affect anything?

Does that mean when I give out my presets now that I have to give out more than the exported preset file?
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

http://tinyurl.com/dxaw8ck <My FH Creations ... FH Preset Creations > https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60376.0
http://soulsoflegacy.boards.net/ < Owner Of

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Presets...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »
As you have a new computer and a newly installed FeralHeart, be sure to remember that all presets should be .png files, and you should remember to change that in the preset folder material file as well.

When you export a new preset, you need to do that through the Creative Den on the login screen, and load the 'Preset 3' in Preset Maker. Once the preset has loaded onto your character, you can then export the preset. Do that now, and see if you get a 'Failed to Export' message. If so, continue with the next step.

If your preset has failed to export, you're best off trying to use a different preset folder, mainly because the preset folder you tried to use could be corrupted in some way and does not want to export a preset for you.

If you don't want to do that, then maybe give your preset to someone you can trust and they can export it from the preset folder you're wanting to have used. To do this, follow the following steps:

▸ Give your chosen friend the preset material file and all of the images to go with it (head, body, tail, mane etc).

▸ Once they have placed them in the specific folder you want, get them to launch FeralHeart.

▸ Get them to write your username in the username panel/box on the login screen. Do not give away your password, only the username is needed.

▸ Ask them to go into Preset Maker through the Creative Den and export the preset for you.

Once they go into their 'presets' folder afterwards (Private Presets folder, only if they have preset sync), get them to send you the exported preset so you can place it in your own 'presets' folder, (again, Private Presets folder, only if you have preset sync). Since they entered your username in the username panel on the login screen (hopefully correctly), exporting the preset after automatically exported the preset to your name and it should then work for you just fine once you recieve that. If you're still having issues, then come back and something can be sorted out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:59:48 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 04:03:06 pm »
As you have a new computer and a newly installed FeralHeart, be sure to remember that all presets should be .png files, and you should remember to change that in the preset folder material file as well.

When you export a new preset, you need to do that through the Creative Den on the login screen, and load the preset 3 in Preset Maker. Once the preset has loaded onto your character, you can then export the preset. Do that now, and see if you get a 'Failed to Export' message. If so, continue with the next step.

If your preset has failed to export, you're best off trying to use a different preset folder, mainly because the preset folder you tried to use could be corrupted in some way and does not want to export a preset for you.

If you don't want to do that, then maybe give your preset to someone you can trust and they can export it from the preset folder you're wanting to have used. To do this, follow the following steps:

▸ Give your chosen friend the preset material file and all of the images to go with it (head, body, tail, mane etc).

▸ Once they have placed them in the specific folder you want, get them to launch FeralHeart.

▸ Get them to write your username in the username panel/box on the login screen. Do not give away your password, only the username is needed.

▸ Ask them to go into Preset Maker through the Creative Den and export the preset for you.

Once they go into their 'presets' folder afterwards (Private Presets folder, only if they have preset sync), get them to send you the exported preset so you can place it in your own 'presets' folder, (again, Private Presets folder, only if you have preset sync). Since they entered your username in the username panel on the login screen (hopefully correctly), exporting the preset after automatically exported the preset to your name and it should then work for you just fine once you recieve that. If you're still having issues, then come back and something can be sorted out.

Thank you for the additional info but I have much knowledge on preset creation...
The problem is that the preset will not show up when I try to create a character after login.

This doesn't really help me... Since I've already exported the preset file in 3 different folders. 3, 4 and attempt of 5.
The preset just wont show up. I've even renamed the .fhp file and tried to upload it.

The preset works perfectly fine, It's just the fact of getting it into the game is a problem..
Do I have to download the preset sync for any of this to work in general?

Also above I've mentioned a question about when I'd like to sell my presets...
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

http://tinyurl.com/dxaw8ck <My FH Creations ... FH Preset Creations > https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60376.0

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
Generally, it's not a requirement to have the preset sync to be able to use the presets in-game and show them to other players - the preset sync is for those who would like an easy-upload for their preset .fhp files and an easy-access technique for people to see presets uploaded to the sync without having to stalk their character biography and download it themselves.

The preset works perfectly fine, It's just the fact of getting it into the game is a problem..

If the preset is working fine in the Creative Den then it should certainly also be working in-game.

Looking at your username, I've noticed that you have a
_ in it, and sometimes this can mess/confuse the .fhp file itself, as your preset would be called - Mea_WolfenX_3.fhp and having the extra _ can be what's causing it to not be working in-game after login when creating your character.
There may be a solution to the problem without the change of username; but if not, then it may end up with the suggestion that you should change your username to
MeaWolfenX and then try re-exporting your preset so the .fhp file can work properly.

If you mean by the question, 'Does that mean when I give out my presets now that I have to give out more than the exported preset file?' then no that's not what it means.

If you're selling presets, you should already be sending the .RAR/.ZIP files containing the .png files and the .fhp file (not the exported .fhp file, the one in the preset_# folder) so they can then put it in their own C: > FeralHeart > my_presets > preset_# and export and upload it themselves to either the preset sync or MediaFire/DropBox to get others to see it.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 04:16:09 pm »
Generally, it's not a requirement to have the preset sync to be able to use the presets in-game and show them to other players - the preset sync is for those who would like an easy-upload for their preset .fhp files and an easy-access technique for people to see presets uploaded to the sync without having to stalk their character biography and download it themselves.

If the preset is working fine in the Creative Den then it should certainly also be working in-game.

Looking at your username, I've noticed that you have a
_ in it, and sometimes this can mess/confuse the .fhp file itself, as your preset would be called - Mea_WolfenX_3.fhp and having the extra _ can be what's causing it to not be working in-game after login when creating your character.
There may be a solution to the problem without the change of username; but if not, then it may end up with the suggestion that you should change your username to
MeaWolfenX and then try re-exporting your preset so the .fhp file can work properly.

If you mean by the question, 'Does that mean when I give out my presets now that I have to give out more than the exported preset file?' then no that's not what it means.

If you're selling presets, you should already be sending the .RAR/.ZIP files containing the .png files and the .fhp file (not the exported .fhp file, the one in the preset_# folder) so they can then put it in their own C: > FeralHeart > my_presets > preset_# and export and upload it themselves to either the preset sync or MediaFire/DropBox to get others to see it.

Alright Awesome! I've just found out the problem... I exported it last night and tried uploading it... It didn't work.
So today I decided to log in and check... Still nothing so I went to re-export the file and Then it worked...

I think me logging in affected the preset some how... As well as because of my username change Perhaps a login was needed for the file to export correctly.

Everything is working as it should now thanks.
~ Sorry for the troubles.
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 04:17:15 pm »
I'm glad you've managed to resolve your problem!
A Staff member shall come and lock this as your problem has been solved. c:

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 04:21:34 pm »
Ah, you had a recent username change. That vital piece of info would have been nice to know and I could have given a completely different answer lol.
However, it is good to know you found the issue on your own.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 04:53:45 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this now. c: Glad it worked out for you!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.