Author Topic: Flowers (Both A game, and subject)  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Flowers (Both A game, and subject)
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:34:34 pm »
I'm curious, is there anyone here who gardens? I love growing flowers in pots, particularly zinnias. I was curious if theres anyone else here who likes gardening. I thought this might be an interestng subject since no one has brought it up.

Now if you're wonder why I said its also a game, well, just recently I found where someone did a piano song over various clips from a game called "Flower." Sadly I don't have a PS3 to play it. But for those of you who have played it, I figure this is as good a place as any to put it. You take control of the wind and pick up flower petals along way, restoring the deadened and damaged areas as you go.

*Spoiler*

If you look up a  video of this game at the end of level four you'll see the game takes a darker turn. Ive only seen the videos and I found it to be unexpected and startling.

Heres a video that someone made of a little gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUC2tpY5gb4&feature=related

So... anyone ever play this game? Or garden at all?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:36:35 pm by Silhouette »

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Flowers (Both A game, and subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:59:25 am »
I personally like gardening though i lose interest after a while and plant a new thing. I especially love watering the garden with the hose. Ive mainly been growing fruits and vegetables more than flowers, the last thing i grew were some strawberries. Home grown fruits always taste the best i reckon, especially without any of those harmful chemical pesticides.

The game looks interesting, i dont have a ps3 either :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:01:43 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:46:18 am »
 I like gardening, but i have a brown thumb as I like to put it, everything I plant dies XDDDD

I have seen the video of the game flowers, it looks good, I have another game from the same company that did that one, called Journey, and I absolutely love it. I also have Clouds, which is a little simpler because it is a free game for the PC, but still entertaining XD ThatGameCompany is great at making pretty games like that XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • .:Let's be heros in our own destiny:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »
I like gardening and I have a small piece of land for gardening but unfortunately my cats always step on or dig -_-".My grandma loves flowers and talk to them,take care and spend hours looking them.Its a great feeling for her :)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 12:53:25 pm »
I personally would love to play Flower, it seems like a beautiful game. Kyugima, would you happen to know where i can download Cloud?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 01:25:49 pm »
http://interactive.usc.edu/projects/cloud/downloadcloud.htm

And yeah, the only game I HAVEN'T played by these guys is flower, maybe I can convince mum to get it for me one day XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »
Yeah I think I had heard about Cloud/Journey. Thank you for the link Kyguima ^_^

And I'm happy to see Im not alone in gardening and stuff. It seems to me like for most people I have known don't have any interest. They just take care of their parents plants whether they want to or not and it seems more like a chore than something enjoyable.

As for growing vegetables, my family got some tomato plants from a relative and they sat out in the car and the garage for a couple of days. We thought for sure they were going to die but I told my dad to give them a couple of days and after a while,they managed to perk  back up. :)

TealieFox

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »
That game cools minds. I like it. :)
(Spoiler maybe?) I end up somewhere because I got scared of hitting electric poles xD. Maybe that's level 4?