Author Topic: do you think pewdiepie is funny?  (Read 10175 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: do you think pewdiepie is funny?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:37 am »
Are his "fans"drunk or what?Just a bunch of atomic kids I suppose.

I understand some of the points you made in your statement, but don't you think what you said here might offend some people? You make it sound like his fans are really immature, or have really poor judgement. I laugh at some of his stuff, but I'm not drunk or an atomic kid... whatever that means.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:52:27 pm by LadyAlizarin »
Inactive

Demonic_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 01:08:20 am »
I love PewDiePie. I don't mind his swearing... I am used to swearing, and his rape jokes and all that stuff, I find it pretty funny. I got my friend into liking PewDiePie, and that's all we ever talk about anymore. xD

But, he doesn't 'use' his fans, he made a video on that whole thing.

PewDiePie makes me happy when I am sad, and the same with Tobuscus. :D

Offline mkljkl

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • XFluffyUnicornsX on Deviantart~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 05:48:24 am »
ehh i dont think hes very funny :I thats really all i have to say

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 11:52:20 pm »
I do like some of his videos; I'll admit many of his Amnesia ones had me in tears. I don't watch many these days, but I sometimes rewatch a few of his better ones!

Even so, the jokes are-... Well. They're serious topics that should never really be joked about, especially not through such a medium. It's just really odd when you're giggling over his absurd reactions and then suddenly-... An inappropriate  and distasteful joke! It's just so out of place and jarring at times; I'm not entirely sure what to make of him.

Though I can understand why others enjoy his videos, even if I sometimes find some of the commentary a little distasteful; there's no need for rape jokes, even though he's not intending to cause offense.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:34:21 am by Nemena »

wolfgirl56

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 12:07:32 am »

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 12:37:57 am »
Question is...does he still make rape/molestation jokes even after that?

Offline Safran

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Everything the light touches is our kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »
Okay, been reading what you all have been saying. And i must say, i like Pewdie.
You know why, because i have been watching him from when he was cursing and screamed like a baby. And he has really changed, like ALOT.

Before, i didn't mind some of the rape jokes. But sometimes they got over the top, and i would gain a little less respect for him. But hes acually became more mature, and he keeps the jokes at a minimum. And that gained my respect, my fellow FH players.

But most importantly, he plays for his Bros. He does NOT think about the money, but about communicating with the Bros. Why do you think he has expanded his gameplay? Because his subs found him boring and has suggested alot more games for him to play

★ The great Kings of the past look down on us from those stars. ★

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 12:00:23 am »

Being a youtuber who is subscribed to many Let's Players like Chuggaconroy, Mindez, ScottishDuck, and Pewdiepie himself, I think this would be a nice conversation to jump into.

For one thing, I do love watching Let's Plays, usually of games I've already played or games I'm interested in.
I guess you can say I don't mind spoiling myself.

Either because the game hasn't been localized yet and might not be in a while,
or because I doubt that I will ever get it if it's exclusive to a game console I don't have.

It's also because I love to see how people react to the moments that were my most favorite or memorable in the game, if I played it myself.

I admit it, I've only just recently subscribed to Pewdiepie, when my friend told me that he was doing a Let's Play of Shadow of the Colossus.
I've been watching him since, and I focus on only three of his Let's Plays;
Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

And I admit it, they always make me laugh.
I've come to ignore those more mature jokes, especially since they've apparently "died down" (I've never seen his Let's Plays of Amnesia or Slender, because I don't like playing games that are specifically made to give people horrible nightmares. :/)

He does tend to go a little far when playing Scribblenauts Unlimited,
but I'd say that he's improved,
since he doesn't make a lot of those jokes while playing Journey, and most of those few are minor.

But Pewdiepie is funny to me. Especially those Agro impressions in SOTC.
"But peeewds! Wait for me, I'm not a tree, I PROMISE!!"
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 12:05:33 am »
I dislike PewDiePie. I, personally, do not think he is funny. Nor do I like his taste in videogames.

HOWEVER. I respect the bounderies of opinions. We are all alowed to have our own opinions, and I don't immediately lable a PewDiePie fan with put downs or bashing. But the same should go for the fans. I have been cussed out just for simply saying "I don't really like PewDiePie as a LPer."