Author Topic: Respect. Learn it, Earn it.  (Read 847 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
Respect. Learn it, Earn it.
« on: October 10, 2013, 08:49:52 pm »
ALERT, ALERT! EXTREME RANT!
This is all about the fact of simple respect for other games, including "Animal Jam," a National Geographic-designed-game, which revolves around "learning" and "having fun."

Now, on to my simple rage:
I, am, of course, not a moderator, nor admin, not even a helper for Animal Jam. They do not appoint such ranks, and all chat, all motions, even homes ("dens") are monitored by actual National Geographic workers.

However, that doesn't mean that elder players such as my friends and I don't deserve respect.

Then again, all players deserve respect from everyone. It's a game for equality to spread. Nobody is "better" or "worse" than anyone else.
So, again I must emphasize:
RESPECT. LEARN IT, EARN IT!
Logically, it means, "If you learn respect for someone/something, then you are bound to get back respect for your own actions."
It definitely describes the Animal Jam situation, although the... seemingly... brain-dead players (do not harass me for this, I'm only stating it in my own opinion) do not seem to get this concept. They're trapped in a NON-RESPECT ZONE which is heavily guarded by snide insults, refusals to stop "trolling," constant bothering/pestering, etc. and apparently earn respect for having such a harsh, cold attitude with newbies and non-members, who are defenseless against them and feel shamed about this.

Among these "bullies" are scammers, whom have persuaded my friend to give up his favorite item; therefor, he's quit the game altogether and I haven't seen him within the game for weeks.

Back to the topic:
I deserve respect, don't I? I give you respect, shouldn't I get some back?
Very recently, I was playing --- and, being mature (which I am always on the game), I decided to help someone out. The following conversation is completely true, and "P" will stand for the person, "R" will stand for me, and "B" will stand for the by-standers.
P: hey, the diamond shop is full :( for the first time
R (me): This isn't the first time, you see... during its grand opening, players filled it up.
P: okay thats nice how do i get in
B: yeah i wanna get in 2
R: Well, I think you guys could log out real quick and get back on, onto a different, less-full server and try there.
B: that sounds like a pretty good idea actually :) thanks
P: no it doesnt, ur staying here melissa
B: but uh itll take forever to get in there
P: no it will eb longer, dont listen to him (I'm clearly a girl -cough-)
R: Actually, it'd be faster my way. You really should at least try it.
P: how about u smarty pants (They logged off at this point. Their friend apologized and logged off, too.)

As you can see from the following "conversation," I gave respect, advice, and help, yet they deliberately pushed away my offerings, proceeding to calling me such a name in sarcasm. The by-stander, however, was apologetic.
Honestly, the goings-on of such games are disgusting me. An older, more mature, wiser player will help a new person out and get shouted at? Or will they be giving some help to someone who becomes rude and cruel to them?

P.S.
If you make fun if me/say this is stupid/say Animal Jam is stupid/etc. I'll give you a small, fair warning, or perhaps a report to a mod. (And I'm sorry if I killed your eyes with small text and a long rant. x'D)
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Respect. Learn it, Earn it.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:09:07 pm »
I used to play Animal Jam a while ago, but I quit because - honestly - I find no point in it really. For me, at least. (And I should probably add that AJ does not load on my laptop.) I've seen this happen many times, including the fact that it happened to me. There are younger kids on here, as well as older , but both ages are rude at times. I believe some people think that it's alright to give no respect because this is a 1) "a game", 2) people don't have "feelings" on here, and 3) "nobody knows who I am". It's not rocket science, people. Who do you think controls these characters on here, hmm?

For the scammers, I don't see why there's such a big need in wanting those items. It's a game, and what do you receive from scamming? Yeah, sure, items, and a big load of bad reputation - all for free!

I don't think Animal Jam is stupid, really, maybe to older kids, but this is a free game that gives you the opportunity to socialize, learn more about nature, trade, and probably much more. Personally, I believe people abuse the way of sending gifts through messages and trades, and they need to understand what those two options are there for.