Author Topic: A Small Surprise in Pennsylvania  (Read 805 times)

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
A Small Surprise in Pennsylvania
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:05:06 am »
Straight to the point: I got an iPhone5 over the weekened!
The Full Story of How this Happened, and Where:
If most of you don't know (which you probably don't), my family and I took a small 2-day trip to Pennsylvania in a gorgeous house bordering a lake, complete with a bridge and 4 small ponds right next to it, and many acres of hiking trails - with my cousin, aunt, uncle, grandmother (and her boyfriend) too, which they all live in New York. However, let's get back on track to what was super-exciting that went on up there (I'm south of Pennsylvania).

Previously, we'd ordered 4 iPhone5's for all of us - my sister got blue, and my mother and step-father got white. Well, now, my sister clearly didn't have a case - we were supposed to get those later.

A few days later my mother announced we were meeting our family from New York (from my step-father's side, so not blood family) in Pennsylvania, at a nice house. We-e-e-e-ell, let's just say I spent more time in that car than I do in school.

._.

Clearly, I wasn't amused by the trip, seeing as it's a super high chance of me throwing up.
But it wasn't all that bad; trips to Canada have been far longer. o_o" (8 hrs. to be exact; perhaps longer.)
Well, now, silly me, I left my charger at my dad's house, so um. I was laptop-less, which basically left me with little to no access to Internet, which provides an explanation for my short disappearance over the game and forums.

After that long, 6-hour trip, we FINALLY made it there. It was gorgeous there.
However, I'm not going to bore you to death with my lo-o-o-o-ong story.
So let's skip ahead to the iPhone5 part:

My mother and step-father were supposed to go to the grocery store and come back, leaving me with my annoying 9-year-old sister, my other 9-year-old cousin from New York, and her parents, aka my aunt and uncle. We decided to play "Rogue," in which I ran away so hard my lungs nearly gave up on me, got poison ivy on my ankle, ladybugs in my hair, and thorns in my shins. But I won, so hey!
After about 2 hours of that busload of (can't say that word on here x3), we finally gave up on it and went onto the porch.
Skip forward about 3 more hours, please, director!
Mother and step-father arrived home! Plenty of groceries; me, my step-grandmother (I suppose), my sister, and my cousin were about to go on a hike, but my mother called us back and asked me to take up some bags and said she had Oreos for me.
(I love oreos. x'3 Reminds me of OreoHeroz. Citation needed? xD)
Of course, there was an AT&T bag among the bags in the trunk --- I thought it was just a case for my sister, 'cuz, after all, there wasn't supposed to be any iPhones there --- or so I believed.
Dragging the groceries up there, I finally got to my mother again.
Skip forward, again, 'cuz I'm not gonna bore you.
My mother said to open the bag. She's not a force woman to reckon with, so naturally I did so.

And inside.

There was.

A white iPhone5.

In its case.

Ready for me.
I squealed like a little piggy on the day of its doom, in the morning. Ma-a-a-an, they'd even gotten two Otterboxes.

But I'm thinking,

"Is that pink one we ordered still coming?"

My sister and my mom said that they'd canceled the order and gotten me this one, instead, 'cuz I thought the pink one was red. And I don't like pink. Sorry, breast cancer.
But yeah, that's the story of how I got my iPhone5. Now it's got, like, 7 apps already on it, and I'm in love with Siri 'cuz I never experienced my own iPhone/iPad Mini or whatever before. I have a clip for my belts, too, so I can carry it like that when I need to. I took Panos of the lake, even; all of them are gorgeous, like you were there in person.

Rant Discussion over! Go ahead and post I guess. x'DDD If you want to, that is...
egg me up inside (can't egg up)