Author Topic: OC Hoarding [I refuse to be the only one -.- ]  (Read 1443 times)

Offline emmiere

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
OC Hoarding [I refuse to be the only one -.- ]
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:35:01 am »
Does anyone else have a surplus of OCs or Fursonas?
I can't be the only one who hoards them.

My problem started when I discovered that you can "adopt" OCs on Deviantart. I quickly added all of my allowence money that I could gather onto my gosh-forsaken account. I've been hoarding my fursonas like a mad lady. I've been tossing my money out the door left and right just because I happen to glance at Deviantart and say,

"Oh, look! There's an adoptable sale! Wow, it's only seven-hundred points! It looks like it should be more so I should buy it!" In reality, I have no use for the character at all and I can't get a refund and I can't resell it so I'm stuck with a ton of beautiful seven-hundred point characters that I don't really have any use for but to look at.

It would be one thing if I could draw these lovely creatures, but I have no artistic ability. Trust me. Everything that I draw looks like some horrific monster. (I showed a friend a drawing of a ladybug that I drew and she said "What the heck is that?")

I refuse to believe I am the only one who does this.

If you do this, what do you do to stop??

And if you don't, how do you stay occupied with just one??

"You don't tame a vixen, you just travel in her wake."

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
Re: OC Hoarding [I refuse to be the only one -.- ]
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:58:29 am »
You're not really the only one. While I am not a dA person(Nor am I old enough to get an accound[Yet...{I will be in two years|LOLBRACKETS|}]), I do have a bunch of OCs-- By their definition. Original characters. Most are pokemon, and with Pokemon, OCs are basically pokemon you made that AREN'T in your game. My most used ones have to be Neff and Kyo(A male Meowstic gijinka.), and I have a ton of others rotting in the Character Select. Shaarun(A melanistic lion king of sorts), oh... What was another one? Nightmare(More melanism, this one is a zoroark who is murderous), eh.... Stormdancer hasn't actually been RPed with yet, and there's many, many more. '-n- It's ridiculous. And I want to make EVEN MORE OCS BY MEANING. *Angry flail* Well, that's all for my post.

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 02:06:49 am »
I hoard a few every now and then, like right now for example, though I only have one fursona, which has grown on me so much I actually get bored being on her sometimes ^^;
But I do have one major OC which I will keep forever, Maxwell, he's a pwetty dire wolf, not too realistic looking but I love him, he's a bookworm and blunt. Plus I always have him in RP mode so when people talk to them it's funny. And more people know Maxy than Thyme, my fursona lol.
But atm I have like....four OCs that I will end up deleting once the RP I am in them with is over, for example: Claude from Black Butler (an anime), Naka (a lion), Thian (a lion), and Taimu (a lioness)....I have a lot of lions o.o But once I either get bored with them or the RP dies out, I delete them.
For IW, I only have Thyme and another char named Decadence, and he's like Maxwell, he's my forever OC which I am still working on.
But I try not to hoard too many and I may even delete my keeper OCs if I end up HATING them later on lol.

Offline PotatoPotPie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • PPP
    • ImmaDerp
    • xerceus // teenagedtravesty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »
Oh gawd... I have so many OC's/Fursona's it's not even funny, and most of them I don't even use anymore...
There are several that I hold deep to my heart, but the rest just go out the window and into a computer file that's never ever touched again.
One thing that keeps me from adopting new OC's is the fact I don't have any points on dA so that's kind of a plus, another thing I tell myself is, I suck at drawing so I don't need it.
'Cause you're the last of a dying breed
Write our names in the wet concrete
I wonder if your therapist knows everything about me

Offline emmiere

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 05:09:33 am »
Oh gawd... I have so many OC's/Fursona's it's not even funny, and most of them I don't even use anymore...
There are several that I hold deep to my heart, but the rest just go out the window and into a computer file that's never ever touched again.
One thing that keeps me from adopting new OC's is the fact I don't have any points on dA so that's kind of a plus, another thing I tell myself is, I suck at drawing so I don't need it.

I try to do that, but then I end up saying "OR I COULD COMMISSION OTHER PEOPLE TO DRAW THESE FOR ME!!!" And the thing is, most of my OCs have unrealistic colors, therefore it's kind of hard to roleplay with them, because most roleplays imply that they need to be realistic looking :c I am actually afraid to count how many I have at this point XD

"You don't tame a vixen, you just travel in her wake."

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 05:49:39 am »
No way are you the only one :D I used to have a MILLION OC's and i barely went on any of them xD
pm for free art i need practice