Author Topic: Artistic people!  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Derpiederp

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I can't feel sorry for you.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Artistic people!
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:59:13 pm »
So, I was looking at a few of my drawings and got an idea...
I want to ask the artistic floofies a few things about art.
Of course, if you don't draw, you can still tell your opinion~
Which one do you prefer, Digital or traditional?
Also, how long have you been an artist?
And what do you like to draw the most?
And last, what inspires you?
I myself definitely love making traditional art more than digital art.
To me, it's a lot easier and takes less time and always looks better than digital, which is cool.
Of course, sometimes I wish there was a ctrl + z button in real life, but that rarely happens to me anymore.
I started drawing when I was 2, and I sure have improved a lot after that.
And what do I like to draw the most?
HUMANS.
Dang right, I love drawing humans more than everything, even though my animals usually are more detailed and cooler.
I don't know why, I just love drawing humans.
(And creatures that are like humans)
I usually draw guys though, drawing girls isn't really my thing...it's too complicated o-o
Of course I like drawing animals too, but it's harder if you ask me.
About inspiration, well...all my inspiration comes from music.
I can't draw if I don't listen to music the same time.
I just can't.
So, what about you guys?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:04:30 pm by Derpiederp »

There is a thing that hurts more than pain. Most people call it sadness.
Profile pic by me~
In game as Derpiederp
My deviantart is TheScorpionQueen
Feel free to check it out~

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Artistic people!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:25:21 pm »
1. I prefer digital, the colors really show up and it's not as hard to color on paper and when you make a mistake you can fix it easily.
2. My whole life, even though I started at Traditional.
3. Animals, nature, and etc. Anything that has to do with nature is what I love to draw.
4. Emotions and nature itself inspires me, I always observe the beauty of what the world can hold. But my imagination has a mind of it's own. Honestly, music is part of my inspiration to. I just have to close my eyes and breath to imagine beauty, but music expresses my imagination best. Whenever I start drawing a character, what look is on their face often ends up on my face without notice and I feel how they do.

However I'd like to add something, I do not like man made objects. (Except for computers, old things, art, TVs, phones, books, calculators, music, and instruments.) They disgust me, nature is all I want in this world. I will only draw a human if it is interacting with nature kindly. I personally keep a real life log in my room somewhere, it's beautiful to me. Nature is my art, and I respect it.

This song is mainly was inspires me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTFLKgALiM
It calms me and soothes the mind, I think of much while listening to this.
The root of my inspiration is complete nature. The green we see in nature does not actually exist, because it's the wonder that makes nature so inspiring.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:37:24 pm by FoxyThePirate(PokemonXY) »
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »

Huuurm....Idk...honestly I kinda like both. I am trying to draw mor digitally though, I just haven't had time. I also like sculpting and painting ^^ I love going out if my comfort zone when it comes to art <3

Mmmm....well the earliest I can remember is 5th grade, but I am SURE I drew much earlier than that. I want to guess I started legit art in....2nd....grade?? I really liked to doodle when I was little but I only started to actually draw later. Been doin it ever since I came out of mah momma lol.

Animals mainly. But I am getting more into scenery and mythical things and humans. Gotten better at humans which I am super proud of! ^^ used to SUCK at them.

Um...Idk actually....music, nature.....mainly everything comes directly from my brain. I have never tried to copy a picture. EVER. Everything I think of is inspired by nature or by emotion. I think. Lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:29:36 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:31:30 pm »
I prefer traditional because when I draw digitally all the flaws show. :3c
I've been an artist since I think Kindergarten?
I like drawing animals the most. I can't draw humans for anything atm. lol
Music inspires me the most. Other people's artwork inspires me on top of that.

Offline wolflover18178

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Flower crowns make everyone happier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 06:52:13 pm »
Oooooo I love dis thread!

I looooooooove digital art, it's so much easier for me o.o

How long have I been drawing? wellll my dad introduced me to
a crayon when I was 3..I almost ate it, but dad scraped it against
paper so I would do it x3. After that I kinda figured out that CRAYONS ARE NOT
FOOD.

When I was 5 I started to ACTUALLY draw, buuut the art sucked.

At 12 I fiiinnalllyyy started improving, being my wolfie loving self
I practiced and raged a bit with the wolf anatomy, and FINALLY.
I figured it out with:

Digital art.

Anywho, out of memory lane.

What I like to draw,

WOLVESWOLVESWOLVES1!

No doubt about it. WOLVEESSSSS!

Inspiration? I have to listen to music that's
the mood of my drawing, if there's no music
I just can't think, if I'm drawing a mad wolf
I'll listen to "Get off of my back", if I want
a sad drawing, I listen to Justin Bieber's song
"Bad day". Etc, Etc.

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 07:05:04 pm »
Both. Each has their pros and cons.

Arceus knows how long.

Birds and Pokemon.

Birds, Pokemon, anything that comes to my mind, songs that get stuck in my head.

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 11:21:09 pm »
"Which one do you prefer, Digital or traditional?"

Personally I prefer the traditional method, I find it much easier to draw with. Plus I can find a pencil and pretty much draw on any piece of paper or object I find, whereas with digital art I can't be bothered setting up my tablet most of the time xD However, I also like digital art because it allows me to expand my skills, if that's a good way to put it. I can use and blend colours much easier than on paper and the tools provided in art programs give me more variety on what I can do.

"Also, how long have you been an artist?"

I've been drawing ever since I could use a pencil. Before I started school I used to fill notebooks up with wordless stories, if that makes sense.

"And what do you like to draw the most?"

I love drawing eyes, but I can only ever draw one -I struggle with two. I enjoy drawing animals also, or parts. Such as deer antlers and bird wings or just the anatomy in general. Animals were all I ever drew as a kid, only recently I've started drawing humans.

"And last, what inspires you?"

Can't say for sure... music is never clear enough to draw from I find. I get this blurred image that comes and goes but it's not something I can transfer onto paper. I guess other artists, perhaps? Artworks that speak to me or really grab my attention, it gives me motivation to draw and to experiment with different techniques which hopefully helps me improve.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:23:01 pm by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Dreamwalker

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 11:42:47 pm »
I definitely prefer digital drawing to traditional drawing. Though I can be much more accurate and styled on paper, I find it more desirable to color the drawings and, well, digitalize them. I find colored pencils, markers, crayons and the like boring and normal, and I prefer to color my drawings using any color I can think of. Plus, there are a lot of editing options on programs like SAI and GIMP, compared to on paper, if you mess something up, you have to go with it, or erase it, making the process longer. I feel like digital art opens up doors for more artistic freedom.
I've been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil. My older brother was my hugest inspiration. He loved drawing because he grew up with his cousin who also loved to draw. His cousin taught him, and my brother invented styles of his own and improved greatly.
I always envied his creativity, and try as I might, I could never draw humans, so I didn't try to copy him. Instead, I went with what I was best with - wolves. I've always had the biggest fascination with wolves all of my life. I'm not sure where the obsession came from, it was just sort of there. I loved dogs, and that was all I drew, over and over again. Although, compared to my brother's drawings, mine were childish and horrible in my eyes. I often grew frustrated and ripped the drawings into pieces because they weren't as good as his. As I grew up and matured, he taught me the values of an artist, and I came to appreciate my skills, and instead of insulting myself as I often did before I learned to focus on my own desires, joined the internet community known as Deviant Art, and since then I have been able to watch many amazing, talented artists who draw the things I do, and I have improved greatly! I have recently expanded my subjects in drawing... I've attempted humans (but they aren't very good), and I've invented original species and other creatures.
What inspires me most? I'm not too sure. I normally get my inspiration from looking at my own art, a friend's, or just some other Deviant's gallery. I tend to get more inspiration from bright colors and cartoon-styled art.

Offline Crowed

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 06:15:19 pm »