Author Topic: .:FH ONLY:. Paradise Islands Map. (Tropical!)  (Read 10163 times)

Offline NightShade.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I had text, til' I took an arrow in the knee.
    • View Profile
.:FH ONLY:. Paradise Islands Map. (Tropical!)
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:41:13 am »
Paradise Islands is based off most pictures on Google of islands and various places that match the word 'paradise'. It has about 4 colonies of lionmade civilizations (Abandoned), dens to role-play in, A nice tangerine colored sky, 3 islands in the shape of animals, awesomesauce plants that grow in mainly tropical areas and.. WATERMELONS oyus.
        I'm not copying that other paradise map, Since this was started 12/17/2011 A few weeks or days before that one. Just to water down a flame war in the horizon. Anyway, here is my map!

The map is also a remake of this map I made that EVERYONE was like "HOLY!! I WANT THAT MAP SO GLORIOUS OMONMONOM!" It could not upload and it was created like when FH first started, so it's an old fart. It was ALSO created on my brother's account, that he left so now I occupy his namesnipe account, Nyan Cat. (Lol namesnipe) Image of the map that got abandoned:

THAT IS NOT THE PARADISE ISLANDS MAP.

Paradise Islands Map:

This was when it first started, see how fail it is? lol.

And now, the final Paradise Islands map: -just a snip of it-

There is MUCH more to the map, so I'm telling you, you MUST explore all of it, cause it's pretty awesome in my opinion. but, haters gonna hate.

The size of this map is 20000 with a height of 450 and an ocean with the height of 150. May you take relaxing beach screenshots of watching the sunset oyus! (Sorry I'm new to making map threads, it's a bit short)

Feel free to occupy, roleplay and chat all you want in this! Also mods, tell me if I need to add more.
Enjoy!
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?oiws34pviphg92g

Account ingame: Nightshade.
Deviantart: CeruleanCube

kyrieleandra1

Re: .:FH ONLY:. Paradise Islands Map. (Tropical!)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:00:04 am »
i have a problem. it won,t appear at the cape

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:50 am »
One very major problem with this map is that you didn't put the main portal anywhere. You come into the map in a far corner, in water with a long swim swim to shore. The portal to the cape is outside the map boundary, so one you're in, you'll have to set your home point again to leave, which is very annoying.

The Palm tree meshes you used had no collision, which made me quite sad because I wasn't able to climb them or sit on them.

The island shapes are adorable though, and the dens are very unique! Perhaps a little more variety with the terrain maps would make the map a bit more dynamic, but sometimes simplicity can be better! I liked how there were rocks below the surface of the water, it shows that you put work into detail, even in places people cannot see. The several islands just made me squee though, I had a lot of fun exploring, and I hope to see more unique maps from you in the future!

You're going to have to fix the portal for sure though. As much fun as your map would be to play on, I'm not likely to return to it unless I am able to enter and leave with ease. Why not try placing it into one of the caves or on an island?

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:34:57 pm »
nice map :) when I saw the size, I just had to download it XD I LOVE BIG MAPS

Offline NightShade.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:14:26 am »
I rushed on the map, and I keep on forgetting that not all players have no wings, and the winged players can't press 'e' in the water to dash. So that's why the map portal is in the corner.

Also, the reason why I didn't put much collision, and only put a few collision palms next to the rock... bay... thing is because of people with the laggiest computers in the world. There's a load of those players, so I wanted to make it a little less laggy.... Also coulda sworn they did have collision, just a few feet off from the trees.

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:42:52 am »
Awesome map!
It has a lot of vegetation and nice height map and terrain, some nice caves around the map, it makes the perfect map to rest for a while.

Offline NightShade.

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
Thanks Thierry!

Offline Shaibelle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • *smile though your heart is aching*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 10:42:36 pm »
I vote that this map is indeed very awesome. ^_^ Me and some buddies try to regularly rp there. :D
Thankies for the upload!
The colors of my life are bountiful and bold~

Offline ponyHORSE61

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -9
  • Dis is MY kitteh!! D:<
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31:35 am »
Nice map, :)

"I'm tired..." yawned one kitten.
"Shut up, I gotta call!" hissed the other.

Offline okami357

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • kaere..kaere..kaere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:40:20 pm »
another nice map ! i liked it will pass my school vocation there!!XD