Author Topic: [10/01/2013](Map+Thread Updates) [GaaraRocks!+ZukoRocks! Maps]  (Read 25114 times)

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
Re: GaaraRocks!+ZukoRocks! Maps
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 05:06:54 am »
Newest masai mara picture is up tell me what you guys think of grass throughout MM

Crazzity

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 11:51:25 am »
wow! Really great job! You have done a great job with the grass!

Juvi

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 05:56:19 pm »
Woman, Alaska and Masai Mara....I have no words. I really dropped my jaw when seeing the remake of Alaska, and later even more grassy masai mara *faintplz*. Does that tell you how much I like em?

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 12:50:22 am »
thanks crazz. Yes juvi it tells me how much you like them lol. BUT got some bad news for you, the grass cant go throughout masai mara as it lags. My pc can handle practically everything you throw at it. But it was literally coughing because of the lag the grass was giving. When you looked away from the grass there was no lag whats so ever but when you looked in the direction of the grass your computer will cry because it cant handle it.

Well dont worry theres still grass in but not throughout the map. Lets say the grass area will be a hunting area. But theres not too much grass to give you lag. So people will crap pc's be careful. I would make a video for Alaska and Masai Mara for you all to see but unfortually i dont have a camera. have a a cam thing that i downloaded but probably wont be able to run properly. I could give it a shot to see if the vids are smooth once done. Just like Before Alaska is cold. there is sound added in alaska that makes it seem cold and can actually make you cold trust me i ended up shrivering without realising. And for MM It looks pretty but can also be dangerous and deadly. Not just that MM will be handy for leopards as i think all the trees there are climbable. You get chased the safest place for you is in a tree.

*EDIT*: ok Masai Mara video up now starting the making of alaska vid BUT it wont be up until tomorrow its like 5:23 am here >.< and tired ;_;

*EDIT AGAIN*: ok Alaska Video is also up. Its not as long as MM for vid size. But the quality is the same. When i get enough money together i might get a better video recorder.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:40:06 pm by GaaraRocks! »

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 12:08:21 am »
WOW. These are really good! 8D

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:11 pm »
Awesome! ;D

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 05:16:51 am »
thanks sylph and avani. The maps took forever to make, me and zukorocks! stayed on them for 2 nights straight trying to get them finished.

Solvic

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:29 pm »
Oh mai. Gaara! 8D  Its me /Suki/ btw ^^

LOVE the maps <3

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 05:41:44 pm »
XD suki i remember you long time no see. Its been awhile and thanks. Their just a remake of MasaiMara and Kenya together this time. I thought about doing it on IT but decided to wait for FH. I might be doing a few extra updates with MM before FH comes out. I might decide to actually try having the grass throughout MM but it might cause lag for people will less powerful pc's. So me and zuko are still thinking about it.

EDIT: i almost forgot to say that i've come up with a idea for the grass in MM. I now know why the grass was causing lag. Its been fixed and no lag is present. But now i have to think of other people's pc's. people that have weak pc's might have lag trouble so what i will have to do is when sending out the map is figure out how to disable the grass for other people's pc. If the .map file is just sent out then people will get the grass. So what i will do is put 2 .map files up for download 1 for MM with Grass and the other one MM without grass.
Tell me if you think this idea will come in handy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:43:34 pm by GaaraRocks! »

Offline ZukoRocks!

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:33 am »
New pictures up XD shame about the grass though. I think the map is now finished. We might mess around with Alaska for awhile to see what could be added